函授英语常用翻译

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

1. 那个流动医疗队由五个医生、八个护士组成( comprise)

the mobile medical team comprises five doctors and eight nurses.

2. 我们去那之前不妨给他们打电话。

It would be just as well to telephone them before we go there.

3. 紧急情况下人们往往会失去理性。

People tend to become irrational in an emergency.

4. 在面试过程中,他一直小心翼翼地回避有关工资的话题。

All through the interview he carefully avoided the subject of salary.

5. 苏珊承认现在帮助汤姆已为时太晚

Susan acknowledged that it was too late to help Tom now.

6. 你学习开车时,有一位好老师事关重大。When you are learning to drive, having a good teacher will make all the difference.

7. 我喜欢偶尔和老朋友一起去看电影。

I like to go to the movies with my old friend now and then.

8. 他的成功完全是因为努力工作的结果。

His success is entirely due to his hard work.

第四课

1.我们曾收到那架飞机失事前发出的无线电求助信号。

We had picked up radio signals for help from the plan before it crashed.

2. 如果你坚持努力,你必定会成功。

Y ou are bound to succeed if you keep trying.

3. 假定他没有说真话,我们该怎么办

Assuming he is not telling truth, what shall we do?

首先,我要说的是,我来到此地感到非常高兴。First of all, let me say how glad I am to be here.

5. 如果你有任何疑问,你可以去查这本书。If you are in any doubt/if you have any questions, you can consult this book

6. 有时,青少年会与父母起冲突Sometimes teenagers are in conflict with their parents.

7. 警署发言人说警察要对公众负责任。The police spokesman said that the police should be responsible to the public.

8. 在调查嫌疑犯时,那个警察被一辆汽车撞倒了。In the investigation into the suspect, the policeman was run over by a car.

第六课

1.叔叔主动提出叫我去他的公司工作,但我没有接受。

My uncle offered me a job at his company, but I turned it down.

2.经理的目的是使我们多做事

The manager’s aim is to get us to do more work.

3.在经历了这段困难时期后,他变得很合作了。

After going through this difficult time, he became more cooperative.

4.这个话题时被认可的,我们可以细谈

This topic is approved, and we can talk about it in detail.

5.他与前政府的关系过于密切,难以在新政府中得到一官半职。

He is too closely identified with the previous administration to be given a position in the new

6.他很快就适应了这个国家的风俗。

He adjusted very quickly to customs of the country.

7.新的信息可以在我们的总办事处得到。

New information is available from our head office.

8.简寄给我的是一张新年贺卡。

It was a New Y ear card that Jane sent me .

第八课

1.起初,没有人重视珍妮提出的建议。

At first, no one attached any importance to Jane’s suggestion.

2.毫无疑问,这些新措施将有助于解决这个问题。

There is no doubt that these measures will contribute to the solution to the problem.

3.我们不能把今天做的事情推倒明天再去做。

We must not put off till tomorrow what we can do today.

4.玛丽很少来看她的父母,但她经常写信给他们。Mary seldom came to see her parents, but she wrote to them quite often.

5.如果有机会,约翰就可能会成为一名杰出的画家。

Given the chance, John might have become an outstanding painter.

6.杰克最终会离开家过他自己的生活,但同时需要你的资助。

Eventually Jack will leave home to lead his own life, but in the meantime he still needs your support.

7.我不知道明年谁会来接任我们俱乐部的秘书。I wonder who will take over as secretary of our club next year.

8.他一到飞机场就给他在家的妻子打了电话。Upon his arrival at the airport, he made a long—distance call to his wife at home.

英汉互译作业

1.很多人生活在北京—中国的首都(populate)

2.我很想在这个小村庄定居下来(settle down)

3.别责备她了,她仅仅是个5岁的孩子。(nothing but)

She will join us on one condition : that we divide all the profits equally.

The old man passed away peacefully in his sleep last night.

The doctor was disappointed to learn that the patient hadn’t benefited from the treatment.

第十课

1.这种坏天气更增加了我们的困难。

The bad weather only added to our difficulties.

2.在当地政府的帮助下,我们过上了安稳的生活。

With the help of the local government, we have settled down.

3.由于工作过于劳累,玛丽累病了,被送进了医院。

Through overworking herself Mary fell ill and was taken to the hospital.

4.我们从现代医学、科学、和高等教育中受益颇多。

We have benefited a lot from modern medicine, science and higher education.

5.我妈妈鼓励我们再试一次,不要半途而废

相关文档
最新文档