山东省自考英语二Unit 4

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

Unit 4

(山东省自考英语)Text A

Don’t Let Anger Get the Best of You 别让怒火击溃你

You’re late for a job interview when traffic slows to a crawl.

交通阻塞,车辆缓慢地爬行,你因此而面试迟到;

In the supermarket,a customer wheeling a full cart cuts ahead of you in the express checkout line.超市里你排在快速结账口,有个推着满满一车货物的顾客正好插在你前头;

You spend months on a project,and your lazy colleague gets the promotion.

为一个项目,你耗费了几个月的心血,而结果你那懒惰的同事得到了提升。

Do you feel angry ?

很恼火是吧?

Before you lose your temper,take a deep breath and remember this:Anger hurts.

在你怒火爆发之前,深吸一口气,记住:怒气伤身。

Studies have found that high levels of anger and hostility are related to greater risks of heart disease,poor immune responses,and even a tendency to get fat.

一个又一个研究表明,怒火冲天及产生敌对情绪会增加患心脏病几率、免疫系统衰竭,甚至还有发胖的危险。

Men with high levels of anger were three times more likely to develop heart disease than the calmer,a Harvard School of Public Health study found.

哈佛大众健康研究院的一项研究表明:怒气冲冲的男性得心脏疾病的可能性要比脾气温和的同龄人高出3倍以上!

And in women,arguments with spouses raise hormone levels and lower immunity—a real problem,since lower immunity may raise women’s risk of cancer.

至于女性,与配偶争吵会增加荷尔蒙分泌而降低免疫力,这是个严重的问题,因为免疫能力降低会加剧女性患癌症的可能性。

It doesn’t seem to matter whether you release the anger or hold it in,experts say.

专家指出,发泄或抑制怒气,其后果没什么两样,

The effects on your health are the same.

两者对健康造成的影响是一样的。

“Anger is anger, ”says Redford Williams,M.D.,director of the Behavioral Medicine Research Center at Duke University Medical Center and coauthor of the book Life Skills.“Both are harmful to health.”

“生气就是生气,两者都对健康构成危害。”杜克大学医学院行为药物研究中心主任、《生命的技巧》的合著者医学博士莱德福?威廉姆斯这样说。

The good news is that it is possible to control your anger.

乐观的消息是,愤怒可以控制。

“By evaluating (评估)it and using different techniques,you can calm down(平静下来),”Williams says.

“对整件事做出评价,然后,通过使用各种方法,你可以让自己不再生气,”威廉姆斯说,“That’s what’s nice about us humans.We can always do something or not do something to

change our behavior.”

“这也是人类的奇妙之处:我们总能做些什么或不做什么来改变行为。”

Take Stock对自己进行一次预测或评估

Many people who are angry don’t recognize themselves as angry,according to Knoxville Psychologist Richard Driscoll.

诺克斯维尔的心理学家理查德?杰斯科尔认为,许多发火的人都不承认他们在生气。

He suggests that you ask yourself these questions to measure your anger quotient:

他建议你可以问自己如下几个问题来判断发怒的程度:

Do you feel that you are frequently(时常)mistreated (被虐待)by others ?

你是否觉得别人经常待你不好?

Do you often consider(考虑)minor inconveniences to be personal attacks against you ?

是否经常把一些小的不方便看做对你个人的攻击?

Do you complain often ?

你时常抱怨吗?

Do you exaggerate (夸大,vt.)the actions of others or take their insults personally ?

你有没有从主观出发夸大了别人的行为或对你的冒犯?

On the road,do you frequently curse(诅咒)other drivers,to the point that driving has become unpleasant?

在路上驾车时,是否频频咒骂别的司机以至于驾车成了一件很不愉快的事?

Keep a Record保留记录

To get a better sense(感觉)of what makes you mad,keep a journal of situations that make you angry.

如果要更好地了解是什么触怒了你,就准备一本日记,记下你是在那些情况下生气的。Reflect(反省,回顾)on why they set you off and make you feel mistreated.

再回想一下为什么当时那些事情会激怒你或让你觉得别人待你不公正,

Ask yourself honestly whether your anger is justified.

诚实地问问自己发火是否有正当理由。

By writing down feelings and situations,you’ll become more aware of (知道)the events (事件,复数形式)that make you angry and maybe even avoid them.

当把这些感受和情形写下时,你会对让你生气的事情了解得更透彻,或许能避免这种事情再度发生。

Change or Accept改变或者接受

When you feel anger welling up,take a change-it or accept-it approach.

当你开始觉得怒火中烧快要爆发了,采取“改变它”或是“接受它“的策略。

If,for example。your neighbor’s garbage is fluttering into your yard yet again,it’s time to put your problem—solving skills into motion.

比如,你邻居家的垃圾又一次落到了你的院子里,是时候把你解决问题的技巧变为实际行动了

Calmly discuss the situation,and look for ways to change it.——

和邻居平静地谈一下情况并寻找改变这种情形的办法。

If you can’t do anything about the situation—the rude driver who just cut you off has left the scene ,(注:对比:1.sense n.感官;感觉;见识;2. since conj.从…以来) work to put your anger on hold right then(就在那时,adv.)and there.

相关文档
最新文档