洪恩环境英语中高级篇 Part3

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

洪恩环境英语中高级篇

Part3 

课文

潘小鹏编辑整理 

二零零三年十月 

EMAIL: PXP8088@163.COM

LESSON 1 THIS STORY ISN'T BIG ENOUGH TO HELP MY CAREER. 

这个新闻题材不够大,对我的事业没什么帮助

TEXT

课文

Jake: Good morning, Steven. Are you all right?

杰克:早上好,史蒂文。你没事吧?

Steven: Hi, Jake. Yes, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired.

史蒂文:嗨,杰克。还好,只是有点累。

Jake: Late night last night, huh? Party? Dancing? What was it?

杰克:昨天晚上又熬夜了,是吗?聚会?跳舞?你到底干什么了?

Steven: The baby. He wakes up every three hours--at eleven, two, and five. When the alarm clock goes off at seven, I'm too tired to get up.

史蒂文:是孩子。他每三小时醒来一次。——11点、2点和5点各一次。当7点钟闹钟响时,我都累得起不来了。

Jake: Every three hours? Why?

杰克:每三小时醒一次?为什么?

Steven: Because he's hungry.

史蒂文:因为他肚子饿。

Jake: Can't you just leave a bottle of milk next to his bed?

杰克:你不能在他床旁边放一瓶牛奶吗?

Steven: Peter isn't old enough to feed himself. He's only two months old.

史蒂文:彼得太小了,还不会自己吃呢,他才两个月。

Jake: When will he be old enough to feed himself?

杰克:他什么时候才能学会自己吃呢?

Steven: In a few years.

史蒂文:还得几年。

Jake: A few years! Can't you just tell him to wait until morning?

杰克:几年!难道你不能告诉他等到早上再吃吗?

Steven: He isn't old enough to understand what people say.

史蒂文:他太小了,听不懂大人说话。

Jake: Poor Steven. You need to drink lots of coffee.

杰克:可怜的史蒂文,你得多喝点咖啡。

Steven: Usually I rush to work without any breakfast at all. Anne and I are too busy to eat regular meals. We're even too busy to go grocery shopping.

史蒂文:通常我根本不吃早饭就赶来工作。我和安妮太忙了,不能按时吃饭,我们甚至忙得没时间去食

品店买东西。

Jake: You must be glad to come to the office, where it's quiet.

杰克:那你一定喜欢来办公室,这里安静。

Steven: Oh, no. I hate to leave the baby for more than a few hours.

史蒂文:噢,不。离开孩子几个小时我都受不了。

Jake: Oh, Steven, by the way, I forgot--I have a gift for Peter.

杰克:噢,史蒂文,顺便说一下,我差点忘了——我有个礼物送给彼得。

Steven: You do?

史蒂文:噢,是吗?

Jake: Yeah. Wait here. I'll get it.

杰克:是的,等着,我去拿。

Jake: Open it, Steven. It's the perfect gift for a baby boy.

杰克:打开,史蒂文。这绝对是给小男孩的最好的礼物。

Steven: This is nice of you, Jake.

史蒂文:你真好,杰克。

Steven: It's a book. . . about baseball?

史蒂文:是一本书……讲棒球的?

Jake: Isn't it great? He'll learn all about baseball. We can take him to the park and practice.

杰克:不错吧?他会学会所有的棒球知识。我们可以带着他去公园练习。

Steven: It's a great gift, Jake. But Peter. . . is too young to read. And he's too young to play baseball. He isn't even old enough to crawl.

史蒂文:真是个好礼物,杰克。但是,彼得……他太小了,还不会看书。更别提打棒球了。他现在太小,还不会爬呢。

Jake: When will he be old enough to play baseball?

杰克:他要多大才能打棒球呢?

Steven: In a few years.

史蒂文:还得几年。

Jake: Show him the book anyway. Tell me what he says when he sees it.

杰克:不管怎样,你得给他看看这本书。告诉我他看到这本书时,说了些什么?

Steven: Jake, Peter isn't old enough to talk. He's a baby. You know about the news, Jake, but there's a lot you need to learn about babies.

史蒂文:杰克,彼得还不会说话。他是个婴儿。你了解新闻,杰克。但是小孩的事你还有很多要学。

Jake: OK, Maria, I understand. Our next feature story is about the Stamford Museum and Nature Center. . . Maria, are you sure this story is interesting enough to be on "Hello America"?

杰克:好的,玛丽亚,我明白。我们下一个专题新闻是关于斯坦福德博物馆和“自然中心”……玛丽亚,

相关文档
最新文档