洪恩环境英语中高级篇 Part2

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

洪恩环境英语中高级篇

Part2 

课文

潘小鹏编辑整理 

二零零三年十月 

EMAIL: PXP8088@163.COM

洪恩环境英语中高级篇 Part2

LESSON 1 BUT PATRICIA HAS WORKED IN NEWS BEFORE. 

但是帕特里夏做过新闻

TEXT

课文

Steven: While Maria is away, I want to plan some great shows. Let's discuss our best stories. Jake?

史蒂文:玛丽亚不在的时候,我想设计一些很棒的节目。杰克,我们来讨论一下我们最好的新闻吧。

Jake: Abbott Larkin is building a new computer factory in Stamford. I want to interview him here at the studio.

杰克:阿伯特·拉金正在斯坦福德建新的计算机制造厂。我想在演播室采访他。

Steven: Good. When?

史蒂文:好的,什么时候?

Jake: Next month.

杰克:下个月。

Steven: Tell me about stories we can do now.

史蒂文:告诉我们现在能做的新闻。

Jake: The Natural History Museum has an exhibit on archaeology. Everyone says it's fabulous. I want to do a story on it.

杰克:自然历史博物馆正在举办一个考古展。大家都说很棒,我想做个有关它的报道。

Steven: That's good. Jim Stuart is doing a local story on the Nature Center. What are you doing, Connie?

史蒂文:很好。吉姆·斯图尔特正在做有关自然中心的本地报道。你在做什么,康妮?

Connie: I'm doing a story on employment agencies.

康妮:我正在做一个有关职业介绍所的报道。

Steven: Really? Then maybe you can help me with a big problem. Maria's assistant is sick.

史蒂文:是吗?那你也许能帮我个大忙。玛丽亚的助手病了。

Connie: Oh, no. Kathy's sick? What's wrong?

康妮:噢,天哪。凯西病了?怎么回事?

Steven: She'll be OK, but she could be away for months.

史蒂文:她会好的。但她要离开几个月。

Jake: You'll need help while Maria is away.

杰克:玛丽亚走后,你需要有人帮你。

Steven: Who can we hire? Any ideas?

史蒂文:我们能雇用谁呢?有什么主意?

Connie: Patricia Woo is looking for a job now.

康妮:帕特里夏·吴正在找工作。

Steven: How much experience has she had in television?

洪恩环境英语中高级篇 Part2史蒂文:她在电视台工作上有多少经验?

Connie: She worked for a newspaper last year.

康妮:去年她在一家报社工作。

Jake: I know Patricia. She's never worked in television. Thomas Jones is good.

杰克:我认识帕特里夏。她从来没在电视台工作过。托马斯·琼斯不错。

He was a writer at an advertising agency in 1990. Now he's a writer for a magazine.

1990年他在一家广告公司做撰稿人。现在他在一家杂志社工作。

Connie: But he's never worked in news.

康妮:但他从未做过新闻。

Steven: He graduated from Columbia University last year. . . And Greg Olden went to Columbia, but he didn't graduate.

史蒂文:他去年从哥伦比亚大学毕业……格来格·奥登也去了哥伦比亚,但他没有毕业。

And Patricia Woo graduated from New York University three years ago.

帕特里夏·吴三年前毕业于纽约大学。

Jake: Greg Olden was a cameraman.

杰克:格来格·奥登是个摄影师。

Steven: He's never worked in news. . . But Patricia has worked in news before. I'll call Patricia. Then I'll talk to Maria about it.

史蒂文:他从未做过新闻……,而帕特里夏做过新闻。我要给帕特里夏打个电话。然后我要跟玛丽亚谈谈此事。

Jake: That was easy.

杰克:这很好办。

Connie: We're lucky. It can be hard to find the right person. My next story is about employment agencies. Mike and I are going to two employment agencies this afternoon.

康妮:我们很幸运。找个合适的人并不容易。我下一个报道是有关职业介绍所的。我和迈克今天下午要去两个职业介绍所。

Connie: Every day employment agencies help companies find the right employees. They compare job qualifications and recommend the best people.

康妮:职业介绍所每天帮助各个公司寻找合适的雇员。他们比较工作资历,然后推荐最好的人选。

Yesterday we visited several agencies in Stamford to find out how they work. Mike, I'd like to see agents comparing people's resumes. Just photograph their discussions. We'll edit it later.

昨天我们采访了斯坦福德的几家职介所,了解他们是如何工作的。迈克,我想看看代理人是如何去何比较人们的简历的。把他们讨论的过程拍下来,以后再编辑。

Man 1: This fellow has spent, if we look at it, from 1973 to 1989. . . as a scientist. So he was a scientist too.

男士1:我们看看,从1973到1989年期间,这个人…是科学家。所以他也是个科学家。

Woman 1: John has a Ph. D. and Jim does too.

相关文档
最新文档