绝望主妇第六季英文剧本台词03

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。


看 Desperate Housewives 学英语第六季 03集:Never Judge a Lady by Her Lover




-Voice-over: Previously on Desperate Housewives..
previously on: (电视剧、电影等)前情提要
绝望主妇前情提要。
-John: I'm getting married, and I don't wanna screw it up, 'cause enough of those screwups, and you just end up alone.
wanna=want to: 仅能用于口语,相当于want to screw up: 拧紧【这里是搞砸的意思】'cause=because: <用于口语> screw up: 弄糟事情,搞 end up: 结束,告终
我要结婚了,我不想把这搞砸。总是搞砸的话,你就只能孤独终老了。
-Voice-over: Gaby discovered that old flames...
old flames: 旧情人
Gaby发现旧情人...
-Gabrielle: Yeah, that can happen.
确实有可能。
-Voice-over: Can leave embers.
ember: 余烬
仍余情未了。
-Bree: Do you at least know why he steals?
at least: 至少 steal: 偷
你清楚他为什么要偷窃吗?
-Orson: I steal to hurt you.
我偷东西是为了为你伤心。
-Voice-over: Bree's tortured marriage...
tortured: 被拷打的 marriage: 婚姻,结婚
Bree扭曲的婚姻...
-Bree: I'm not your wife anymore, Orson. I'm your captive.
captive: 俘虏,迷恋者
我已经不再是你的妻子,Orson,而你是的俘虏。
-Bree: Don't you feel any remorse at all over that?
remorse: 懊悔,悔恨
你对此难道一点都不后悔吗?
-Orson: Guilt is a small price to pay for happiness.
guilt: 罪行,内疚 pay for: 偿还,付款 happiness:幸福
内疚只是为了幸福付出的小小代价。
-Voice-over: Ledher into an affair with Karl.
an affair with: 和……有暧昧关系,和……私通
让她和Karl陷入缠绵。
-Karl: What happened to the good girl?
那个好女孩儿哪去了?
-Bree: She decided guilt's a small price to pay for happiness.
她决定把内疚当作幸福的小小代价。
-Voice-over: Lynette revealed a closely guarded secret.
reveal: 显示,透露 guarded: 防护着的
Lynette透露了一个严守的秘密。
-Lynette: No one else can know about this. I'm pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
不要告诉任何人,我怀孕了。
-Susan: You are?
是吗?
-Mike: Something's happened to Julie.
Julie发生了不测。
-Voice-over: And when a crime was committed...
commit a crime:犯罪
当犯罪发生后...
-Julie: How does a fish get caught?
鱼为什么会上钩?
-Danny: He opens his mouth.
因为他张开了嘴巴
-Voice-over: A suspect emerged.
suspect: 嫌疑犯 emerge: 浮现,(事实)显现出来
嫌疑犯浮出水面。

-Voice-over: There's a certain kind of woman you see in the suburbs.
suburb: 郊区
在郊区你能见到一类女人。
She waits for the school bus in her bathrobe.
bathrobe: 睡衣,浴衣
她穿着浴袍等校车。
She stops by the post office with curlers in her hair.
stop by: 经过 curler: 卷发
她头戴卷发夹进出邮局。
She goes to the market in sweatpants and a T-shirt.
sweat

pant: 运动裤 T-shirt: T恤衫
她穿着T恤运动裤去市场购物
This woman is a housewife,
这个女人是个家庭主妇
and she doesn't bother trying to be beautiful,
bother doing sth.: 麻烦做某事
她对打扮毫不热心。
because... it's a waste of time.
因为...那是浪费时间
-Juanita: I was trying to hit Celia.
我本来想打Celia的
-Gabrielle:Well, get better aim!
aim: 目标,对准
那就打准点!
Ana, help me clean this mess. Don't up your volume on me.
mess: 脏乱状态;凌乱状态 up one’s volume调高声量
Ana,帮我清理一下。别一听到我跟你说话,就调大音量。
Juanita, finish those vegetables. Don't make me count to three.
Juanita,把菜吃完。别逼我数到三。
Oh, don't give me that look, you sawed off little.
sawed off: 把...锯掉, 锯短的
别摆出那个表情你这个小...
-John: Gaby?
Gaby?
-Gabrielle: Oh, my god. John, hi.
哦,天哪! John,嗨。
-Carlos: Wow. what a surprise.
wow: 噢! 呀! 哇!
哇,真是惊喜。
-John: I was so busy back in the kitchen.
我刚才一直在厨房里忙活。
I didn't even know you guys were here.
都不知道你们来了。
How are you?
你好吗?
-Gabrielle: Well, I'm usually better when I don't have creamed spinach all over me.
cream: 涂,抹 spinach: 菠菜
身上没有沾满沙司的话我会更好。
Uh, so... are you working here?
那... 你在这工作?
-Carlos: Hey, nothing wrong with waiting tables.
嘿,这里没什么特殊需要了。
Could you get us some more bread?
你能帮我们再拿点面包吗?
-John: You know, maybe I could bring you some dessert on the house.
dessert: 甜食,餐后甜点
我也许能拿些甜点招待你们。
I'll just go ask the owner.
我去问问店主。
Oh, wait. That's me.
哦,等等,我就是店主。
-Gabrielle: Honestly? You own this place?
honestly: 真诚地,公正地
真的吗? 这店是你开的?
-John: I bought it with the money I got in my divorce settlement.
divorce settlement: 离婚财产协议 divorce: 离婚 settlement: 解决,结算,
我用离婚后分的财产买下了这间店。
-Gabrielle: Really? You're divorced?
divorced: 离婚的
是吗? 你离婚了?
-John: Yep. Almost a year now.
Yep :<俚>是 kid: 孩子
嗯,离了快一年了。
Oh, my god. Are...are these your kids?
天哪,这些是你的孩子吗?
-Gabrielle: Yeah. This is Celia and Juanita, and this is ournieceAna.
yeah: 是 niece: 侄女,外甥女
是,这是Celia和Juanita,这是侄女Ana。
-John: Hello.
你好。
-Ana: Hi.
嗨。
-John: I can see the family resemblance.
family resemblance: 家族相似性 resemblance: 相似
看得出来,你们长得很像。
-Carlos: She's my niece.
她是我的侄女。
-John: Wow. It must've been a windy day when the apple fell from that tree.
哇。是因为风太大,苹果才从那棵树上掉下的吧。
Well, it was...it was great seeing you agai

n.
well:叹词,表示惊讶,默许,同意
再次见到你们很高兴。
-Gabrielle: You, too.
也很高兴见到你。
-Carlos: Still don't see any bread here.
面包怎么还没上。
-John: I'll be right back.
马上就来。

-Voive-over: Yes, There's a certain kind of woman you only meet in the suburbs.
suburb: 郊区
是的,只有在郊区你才能见到这类女人。
She will try to look beautiful if she has someone to look beautiful for.
她会尽力打扮自己,只是要为悦己者容。

-Voive-over: On this street, the day begins with a cup of coffee.
在这条街上,每一天都由一杯咖啡开始。
Most need it to wake up.
wake up: 醒来
大多数人喝咖啡清醒头脑
Some can't read their morning paper without it.
有些人不喝咖啡就不能读晨报
A few like to drink it on their way to work.
有些人喜欢在上班途中喝咖啡
Then there are those who just want something to hold in their hands while they discuss the neighbors.
neighbor: 邻居
还有一些人只是想在谈论邻里时,手上端着什么东西。

-Lynette: well, Danny had me fooled.
fool: 动词,愚弄,欺骗
我被Danny骗了。
He seemed like a pretty nice kid.
他看起来是个很乖的孩子。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, except for the strangling. Sorry.
except for: 除了…外 strangle: 勒死,使窒息
没错,除了喜欢掐人。抱歉。
-Susan: Oh, it's okay. I'm just happy that Julie's safe and they caught the guy.
没事,看到Julie情况稳定,那家伙被捉拿归案,我很高兴。
-Gabrielle: Uh, Susan.
呃,Susan。
-Susan: Bob.
Bob。
-Nick: Go inside. Go inside. Hey, Susan.
进去。进去。嘿,Susan。
-Susan: I'm confused.
confused: 困惑的,烦恼的
我搞糊涂了。
The...the last I heard, the police had Danny Bolen in custody.
in custody: 被拘留中 custody: 监护,拘留,监禁
我刚听说,警方拘留了Danny Bolen。
-Nick: Danny was never under arrest.
under arrest:: 被捕,在押
Danny绝不是被逮捕。
The police were questioning him, but they had no grounds to hold him.
question: 询问,审问,怀疑 have no grounds to: 无理由做...
警方是在质询他,但是他们没有拘留他的证据。
-Susan: Okay, that sounds like his lawyer talking. Are you his lawyer?
lawyer: 律师
这好像是该他律师说的话。你是他的律师吗?
-Nick: Susan, you know how much I love Julie, but they have no evidence against this kid,
evidence: 根据,证据
Susan,你知道我很喜欢Julie。但是他们没有证据证明这个孩子就是罪犯。
And I couldn't just let him sit there.
而我不能让他呆在警局里。
-Susan: If he didn't do it, why would need to fake his alibi?
fake: 假造,仿造 alibi: 不在场证明辩解,托辞
如果不是他,那他为什么要做假的不在场证明?
-Angie: because he's a kid and he was scared.
scared: 害怕的
因为他还是个孩

子,他怕的要命。
-Nick: Angie, this is not a good idea.
Angie,这样做不太好。
-Angie: I just gotta say this. Susan, please.
我不得不说,Susan,求你了。
I can't even imagine what you've been going through.
go through: 经历(痛苦、困难等);遭受;忍受
我无法想象你的痛楚。
-Susan: I am begging you, as my friend and neighbor, don't defend him.
beg: 请求,乞求 defend: 防护,辩护,防卫
我求你,要是你是我的朋友和邻居,就不要为他辩护。
-Nick: Susan, it's my job.
Susan,这是我的工作。
-Susan: Then I don't know how you sleep at night.
我真不知道,你会不会良心不安。
-Angie: Susan, wait.
Susan,等等。
Come on. Can...can we please just talk about this? We can go inside, just the two of us.
别这样,我们能不能谈一谈? 我们两个进去谈一谈。
-Susan: No. You wanna talk about this? Let's do it out here in the open.
Wanna=want to: 仅能用于口语,相当于want to in the open: 在户外,在野外
不,你想谈论这件事?那我们就在这里谈。
Hey, everybody! her son tried to kill my daughter. And while he's here, nobody on this street is safe.
嘿,大家注意了! 她儿子想杀死我女儿。只要有他在,这条街上每个人都会有危险。
-Bree: What is this?
这是什么?
-Karl: Bacon and cheese burrito.
bacon: 咸肉,熏肉 burrito: 玉米煎饼
熏肉和奶酪玉米煎饼。
-Bree: You couldn't find any croissants or pain au chocolate?
croissant: 新月形面包,可松面包 pain au chocolat: 巧克力面包
这里没有法式面包吗?
-Karl: Sweetie, we're at a motor lodge on the interstate.
sweetie: 情人,爱人 motor lodge: 汽车游客的旅馆 interstate: 州际公路
亲爱的,我们现在在州际公路旁的汽车旅馆里。
I was lucky to find a burrito.
能找到玉米煎饼已经是走运了。
-Bree: People always talk about the moral hazards of cheating.
moral: 道德(上)的 hazard: 冒险,危险,危害 cheat: 欺骗,【这里指出轨】
人们总告诫出轨会有多大的道德风险。
No one warns you about the food.
却没人警告食物的可怕。
-Karl: So you want me to book this place for tomorrow?
book: 登记,预订
你想让我明天继续订这个地方吗?
-Bree: Sorry, I have an event.
抱歉,明天我有安排。
-Karl: oh, wait. You know, I think I do, too.
Vegas: 赌城拉斯韦加斯【拥有世界最著名的赌场、娱乐中心及豪华酒店】
等等,好像我也有活动。
How's this then? we'll go to Vegas for the weekend?
那这样如何,我们周末去拉斯维加斯?
-Bree: Las Vegas?
拉斯维加斯?
-Karl: Why not?
怎么样?
I 'll lose my shirt in the casino, and then we'll head upstairs, and you can lose yours.
casino: 娱乐场,供表演跳舞赌博的地点
我在赌场把衣服输光。然后我们上楼,你也输光你的。
-Bree: I can't disappear for

a whole weekend. My husband would notice.
disappear: 消失
我不能一整个周末都不露脸,我丈夫会发现的。
-Karl: Say you're visiting family.
那就说你去拜访亲友了。
-Bree: Karl! I'm sorry, but I don't see us having romantic getaways.
romantic: 浪漫的 getaway: 离开,逃跑
Karl! 对不起,我不觉得我们会浪漫出游。
That's the sort of thing a woman does with a man she's in love with.
那种事情,该由一个女人和自己爱的人一起做。
-Karl: And we don't have those kinds of feelings. I get it.
我们之间没那种感情,我知道了。
-Bree: But you are a delightful diversion. And in order to keep things delightful,
delightful: 令人愉快的,可喜的 diversion: 转移,消遣
不过你是个愉快的消遣。为了让一切保持愉悦,
I think it's best we not put unreasonable demands on each other.
unreasonable: 不合理的,不切实际的 demand: 要求
我觉得最好是不要对彼此提出过分的要求。
-Karl: Okay. Fine.
好吧。
-Bree: You could've said, "pass the sugar."
你可以让我把糖递给你啊。
-Karl: I didn't want to make a demand.
我不想提出要求

-Lynette:So... I know you guys have been concerned, 'cause I've been so sick in the mornings.
concerned: 关心的,挂念的
我知道你们最近有些关心,我早上总是很不舒服。
Well, I wanted to let you know why. I'm pregnant with twins.
pregnant: 怀孕的
我想告诉你们原因。我怀了双胞胎。
-Tom: Well, now that the celebration's over, any questions?
celebration: 典礼,庆祝会
既然庆祝完了,有什么问题想问?
-Twin A: Yeah. Aren't you gonna be, like, the world's oldest mom?
gonna =going to: 将要
我有,你会不会成为世界上最老的妈妈?
-Lynette: No. There's a woman in Mongolia who's got me beat. Any other questions?
Mongolia: 蒙古 beat: 打败
不,蒙古有个女人赢了我。还有别的问题吗?
-Twin B: I have more of a statement.
statement: 声明,陈述
我更想陈述下我的观点。
You two are so irresponsible. You should've been using birth control.
irresponsible: 无责任感的,不负责任的 birth control: 节制生育,计划生育;避孕
你们两个太不负责任了。你们该采取节育措施的。
You're in college. Do you know what the odds are now that you'll graduate? Like, zero.
odds: 机率,胜算 graduate: 毕业
你在上大学。你知道现在你能顺利毕业的几率是多少吗? 基本上是零。
You... you have a new job, one that you'll have to quit once the baby comes. So I hope you're both happy.
quit: 离开,辞职
你... 你有份新工作,而要生孩子,就得辞职,希望你们开心。
You've just destroyed your futures for a few minutes of pleasure.
你们为了几分钟的欢愉毁掉了你们的未来。
-Twin A: Not to mention, it's so gross you're still doing it.
mention: 提及,提到 gross :总的【这

里指令人恶心,呕吐的】
更不用说,你们还在做那种事,有多恶心。
-Tom: Penny, you're excited about this, right?
Penny,你对此很高兴吧?
-Lynette: Yeah, getting two little babies to play with.
对啊,可以玩两个BB。
-Penny: If they're boys, I'm outta here.
outta: 离开
要是是男孩的话,我也不干。

-Lawyer: You have to understand, even though they've released Danny, it doesn't mean he's not still a suspect.
release: 释放 suspect: 嫌疑犯
你们要知道,即使他们释放了Danny,这也不代表他洗脱了嫌疑。
-Nick: So what do we do?
那我们该怎么做?
-Lawyer: Well, the police are gonna start digging into your background,
dig into: 探究,深入钻研 background: 背景
警方会开始调查你们的背景。
So I need to know what they're gonna find. You're from New York, right?
所以我要知道他们将调查出的内容。你们是纽约来的?
-Angie: Yeah. But instead of wasting your time poking around in the past, you just need to back up Danny's story.
poke around: 到处寻找 poke: 拨开,探索 back up: 支持,援助
对。不过与其浪费时间调查过去的事情,不如帮忙解决Danny的事情。
-Nick: Right, just check out the liquor stores, see if anyone saw him.
liquor store: 卖酒的地方 liquor: 酒
对,只要调查酒店里有没有见过他就好。
-Lawyer: I will, but the police are gonna talk to people in your old neighborhood,
neighborhood: 街坊,住宅区
我会的但是警方会跟你们的老邻居谈话,
see if he's got any run-ins with the law, with girls. Is there anything I need to know, Danny?
run-ins with the law: 入狱,前科 run-in: 口角
调查他有没有和女性相关的前科。有没有什么要告诉我的,Danny?
-Nick: Nope. not a thing.
Nope=no: <口语>,表示否定的回答,不,不是
没有。完全没有。
-Lawyer: Okay... but I still need to establish character.
establish: 建立,确立 character: 个性,性格
好吧... 但是我还是得美化他的性格。
So I'll need to get in touch with some old teachers, friends.
get in touch with: 与...接触,与...联系
所以我得跟原来的老师、朋友联系一下。
-Angie: Nah, you don't need to do all that.
nah=no: <美俚>
不用,没必要那么做。
-Lawyer: Look, what are we doing here?
我们这是在做什么?
I can't defend a client I know nothing about.
defend: 辩护 client: 顾客,客户
我不能为一个对其一无所知的委托人辩护。
Why can't you answer just a few simple questions?
你们为什么不能回答几个简单的问题呢?

-Danny: You wanna know why? Because this family has secrets!
你想知道为什么? 因为这个家里藏着秘密!
-Nick: Danny.
Danny。
-Danny: Big dark secrets that we can't talk about, not even to our lawyer.
lawyer: 律师
沉重黑暗不能言说的秘密,就是对律师也不能说。
You kno

w, who cares if it makes me look guilty, even if I'm not?
guilty: 有罪的,内疚的
谁都不在乎这样让我像个嫌犯,就算我是清白的!
-Nick: Knock it off!
knock off: 闭嘴
闭嘴!
-Angie: This conversation was privileged, right?
privileged: 特许的,有特权的
这次谈话是不会公开的吧?

-Mona: So I don't know if you heard, but this morning the police released Danny Bolen.
release: 释放
你有没有听说,警察今天早上释放了Danny Bolen。
-Susan: I heard.
我听说了。
-Mona: you must be worried sick.
你一定很担心吧?
-Susan: I am. Clearly, he's unstable. Who knows what he might do next?
unstable: 不稳定的
确实是。他现在显然情绪很不稳定。谁知道他接下来会做什么呢?
-Man: So what are we gonna do about it?
那我们该怎么办?
-Mona: You ever hear about that old man on Maple Drive?
maple: 枫叶 drive: 路,街
你听说过枫叶街那个老人吗?
People found out he used to be an accountant for the Nazis, and they threw garbage all over his yard.
accountant: 会计 Nazis: 纳粹garbage: 垃圾 yard: 院子,庭院
人们发现他曾经当过纳粹的会计师,然后就朝他的院子里扔垃圾
-Man: That's right.And he moved.
没错。然后他就搬走了。
-Mona: But then it was bought by some ex-hippie who painted the house pink,
ex: 以前的,前任的 hippie: 嬉皮士
不过后来房子被一个曾经是嬉皮士的人买了,他把房子漆成了粉色。
So it was a pyrrhic victory at best.
pyrrhic: 付出极大代价而获得的 at best: 充其量
这简直就是得不偿失啊。
-Susan: Well, look, I'm just bringing this up because I don't want people on this street thinking that they're safe when they're not.
听着,我说这些,是想提醒这条街上的人们,他们没有自己想象的那样安全。

-Mike:Susan. Hey, uh, could you give me a hand for a sec?
give sb a hand: 帮…一下 for a sec: 一秒钟,一会儿 sec: second,秒
Susan,你能过来帮我一下吗?
Honey, what are you doing? Mona Clarke's got a big mouth.
big mouth: 多嘴者,多话的人
亲爱的,你在干什么? Mona Clarke是出了名的大嘴巴,
If you get her worked up, she's gonna talk about Danny to everybody in the neighborhood.
work up: 激发,激起
要是你煽动了她,她就会跟所有邻居谈论Danny。
-Susan: So?
那又怎样?
-Mike:So we don't want an angry mob showing up at the Bolens' house,
mob: 暴民,暴徒 show up: 出现
我们可不想让一群愤怒的群众出现在Bolen家门口。
Especially if we aren't even sure Danny's the one that attacked Julie.
especially: 特别是,尤其是 attack: 袭击
特别是我们还并不确定Danny就是袭击Julie的凶手。
-Susan: He lied about his alibi. Why would he do that if he was innocent?
alibi: (被告)不在犯罪现场的申辩、事实或证据 Innocent: 无罪的,无辜的
他做了假

的不在场证明。要是他是清白的,那为什么要这么做?
-Mike:well...That's a good point.
嗯...很有道理。
-Susan: And how can I live with myself if someone else's daughter gets attacked, and I have said nothing?
live with oneself: 良心上过得去
要是别人的女儿受到袭击,而我一言不发我又怎么能忍受我自己?
-Mike:okay. Okay, I get it.
好吧,好吧,我懂了。
It's just, this whole thing would be a lot easier if the police just had some proof.
proof: 证据
只是如果警察有证据的话,一切就简单多了。
-Susan: Well, maybe we should get them some.
好吧,也许我该给他们找点证据。

-Carlos: John.
John。
-John: Hey. I wanted to talk to you about something. I thought I should do it in person, out of respect.
in person: 亲自,本人 out of respect: 出于尊敬
嘿。我想跟你谈点事情。出于尊重,我想该亲自和你谈。
-Carlos: Uh-huh.
嗯哼。
-John: Your niece came to my restaurant. She asked me for a hostessing job.
hostess: 女主人,服务员
你侄女到我的餐馆来。要我聘她做服务员。
And I think she'd be great.
我觉得她是个很好的人选。
You know, but given our history, I wanted to make sure you were okay with it.
given: 考虑到,鉴于
但是,鉴于我们的过去,我想确定你是否同意。
Because I wouldn't do it if it would make you feel uncomfortable.
uncomfortable: 不舒服的,不自在的
因为如果这让你不高兴我就不会答应。
I mean, that's the last thing I'd want. Like I said, given our... history.
我非常不想让你生气。正如我说的,鉴于我们的过去...
-Carlos: Yeah. Why don't you stop saying, "given our history" and just say, "I banged your wife"?
bang: <美俚>,与某人发生性关系
是啊,你能不能不要再说"鉴于我们的过去",而直接说"我上过你老婆"?
You know, it's not that I haven't forgiven you.
forgive: 原谅,饶恕,宽恕
你知道的,不是我还不能原谅你。
It's just that every time I see you, I wanna put my fist in your face.
fist: 拳头
只是每次我看到你时,都不由得想狠揍你一顿。
Now did you park in the building? 'cause we validate.
park: 停车 validate: 使...有效,确认
你在大楼里停了车吗? 这是经过我们同意的。
-John: You know what? I think this was a bad idea.
知道吗? 我觉得这真是个馊主意。
Besides, Gaby probably wouldn't have liked it anyway.
anyway: 不论以何种方式
而且Gaby大概也不会喜欢这样。
-Carlos: What?
什么?
-John: Come on. I mean, her niece working for me... I think she would've freaked out.
freaked out: 吓坏了,惊呆了,崩溃
得了吧!她侄女为我工作... 我想这会让她气疯的。
You know... given our history.
given: 鉴于,考虑到
你知道的...鉴于我们的过去。
-Carlos: John? Hold on a second.
John? 等等。

-Gabri

elle: Ana working for John? Are you nuts?
nuts: 热中的,发狂的,疯的
Ana为John工作?你疯了啊?
-Carlos: You're the one who's been saying she should get a job.
是你一直在让她找工作的。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, at the mall hocking soft pretzels, not working for...
mall: 商业街,购物商场 hock: 推销 pretzel: <美俚>,一种脆饼干
是啊,找个在商场推销饼干的工作。而不是在...
-Carlos: Your ex-lover?
你的老情人那里?
-Gabrielle: Well, yeah. How can you not think it's awkward?
awkward:尴尬的,笨拙的
嗯,是的,你不觉得这太尴尬了吗?
-Carlos: Because that was years ago. we're past all that, right?
因为那是几年前的事了,一切都过去了,不是吗?
-Gabrielle: Of course we are.
当然,是过去的事。
It's just... the whole thing makes me uncomfortable.
uncomfortable: 不舒服,不自在
只是... 这件事让我很不舒服。
I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to say no.
抱歉,要拒绝。
-Carlos: I knew it. You're jealous.
jealous: 嫉妒的,妒忌的
我就知道,你是嫉妒。
-Gabrielle: Jealous? Of who?
嫉妒? 嫉妒谁?
-Carlos: Your beautiful niece working for your ex-lover.
嫉妒你漂亮的侄女为你的老情人工作。
-Gabrielle: What?!
什么?!
-Carlos: You still have the hots for him. Oh, don't deny it. I saw you.
have the hots for: 迷恋某人
你还对他旧情未了啊。别否定了,我看到了。
“Really? You're divorced?”
divorced: 离婚的
“是吗? 你离婚了?”
-Gabrielle: Okay. First of all, you just reminded me why I hate mimes.
remind: 提醒,使想起 mime: 哑剧
好吧,首先,你让我想到了为什么我讨厌滑稽演员。
Secondly, is that why you're letting Ana work for John? You were testing me?
其次,这就是为什么你让Ana去John那儿工作? 你在试探我?
-Carlos: Yeah, and you failed.
没错,而且你没通过。
-Gabrielle: Carlos, you are way out of line.
way out of line: 实在太过分了
Carlos,你做得太过火了。
-Carlos: Deny it all you want, but I know what I saw.
deny: 否认
随你怎么否认吧,我亲眼看到了。
You wanted to look pretty for your ex-lover.
你想在老情人面前弄得漂亮些。
-Gabrielle: Well... You know, he was also my ex-gardener. Can't you call him that?
gardener: 园丁,花匠,园艺家
呃... 他还是我的老园丁。你怎么不那样叫他?

-Women: It's so long since I've seen you two together.
很久没见你们两个在一起了。
I was starting to wonder if you'd split up.
split up: 分开
我都开始怀疑你们是不是分手了。
-Orson: Oh! No, we're still married.
哦! 没有,我们还是夫妻。
-Bree: No, just try getting away from this one!
get way: 逃脱,离开
没有,只是想耍掉这位!
-Bree: Arm.
胳膊!
-Orson: Bree, I know you're unhappy, but we haven't been out in months.
in months: 近几个月中
Bree,我

知道你心情不好。可我们好几个月没出去了。
Could you at least make an effort for one night?
make an effort: 努力
你可不可以至少努力一个晚上?
-Bree: You are absolutely right.
你说的太对了。
Why don't you get me one of those crab puffs, and then we'll mingle?
crab puff: 蟹肉泡芙 crab: 螃蟹 puff: 泡芙 mingle: 交往,混合
你帮我拿一个蟹肉泡芙吧。然后我们好好相处?
-Orson: Sweet heart, this is just what I'm...
亲爱的,这正是...
-Bree: Crab puff.
去拿泡芙!

-Bree: Karl!
Karl!
-Karl: Bree?
Bree?
-Bree: What are you doing here?
你在这儿做什么?
-Karl: What do you mean?
什么意思?
-Bree: are you following me?
你在跟踪我吗?
-Karl: No. I'm a member of the club.
club: 俱乐部
不,我是那个俱乐部成员。
I had no idea that this was the event that you were talking about.
我不知道你说来参加这个。
-Bree: Oh, So you expect me to believe that you showed up at a dinner dance alone?
哦,这么说来你让我相信你是一个人来参加舞会晚宴的?
-Karl: No, I actually...
不,我只是...
-Bree: Karl, I know you have feelings for me,
Karl,我知道你对我有感觉。
But I would hate to see them turn into some kind of... obsession.
obsession: 着迷
但是我不想它成为...一种迷恋。
-Candace: Hey, Honey, find our table?
嗨,亲爱的,找到座位没?
-Karl: and you were saying?
你刚说什么?
-Bree: So, Karl, aren't you going to introduce me?
Karl,给我介绍下吗?
-Karl: this is Candace. she's an old friend.
这是Candace,一个老朋友。
-Bree:oh, don't you mean that you're her old friend?
你是说你是她的老朋友吧?
-Karl: Candace, why don't we go find our table, huh? Bree, if we don't run into you again... good.
run into: 偶然遇见
Candace,我们去找个座吧? Bree,我们待会可别再遇上了。
-Candace: He doesn't mean to be brusque.
brusque: 唐突的,鲁莽的
他这么唐突是无心的哦。
He's just a little eager to rush through dinner... so we can get to the motor lodge.
motor lodge: 汽车旅馆
他有点急着想吃完饭...然后我们好去汽车旅馆。
-Bree: motor lodge?
汽车旅馆?
-Candace: He wanted to go earlier, but I said no. lobster first, then "dessert."
lobster: 龙虾 dessert: 饭后甜点,【这里指发生性关系】
他想早点去,但我不想。先吃龙虾,然后"甜心" 伺候。
-Karl: Candace, why don't we start putting that lobster in your mouth right now?
Candace,我们这就去享用龙虾吧?
Good-bye, Bree.
Bree,再见。
-Orson: Candace?
Candace?
-Candace: Dr. Hodge!
Hodge医生!
-Karl: Oh, Jeez.
Jeez: 呀,老天
哦,天哪!
-Bree: You two know each other?
你两认识?
-Orson: Yes, Candace was a dental patient of mine.
dental: 牙齿的,牙科的
嗯,Candace是我的病人。
-Candace: I still think of you every time I put

in my night guard.
put in: 插入,【这里是使用的意思】 night guard: 护牙合器
哦,我每次使用咬合板的时候都想起你。
-Orson: listen, there's room at our table. Would you care to join us?
我们桌上还有空座。不介意的话一起吧?
-Karl: No! I mean, we're going to be leaving soon.
不,我们马上就要走了。
-Bree: You know, that motor lodge can wait.
motor lodge: 汽车旅馆
汽车旅馆晚点去吧。
That way, Orson and Candace can catch up, and you and I can have a little talk, too.
catch up: 赶上,【重聚,叙旧】
这样Orson和Candace可以叙叙旧,我们也可以小聊下。
-Candace: Sure. That sounds like fun.
好,不错啊。
Karl and I will just go get a couple apple martinis, and we'll come right back.
martinis: 马提尼酒
我和Karl去拿杯玛蒂尼酒,马上回来。
-Orson: Lovely girl, isn't she?
挺可爱的女孩,是吧?
Tell you a secret, though. Her two front teeth veneers.
veneers: 饰面薄板;表面镶饰,饰面,【这里指Candace安了假牙】
告诉你个秘密:她的两颗前牙是假牙。
-Bree: I'm guessing those aren't her only side by side enhancements.
side by side: 肩并肩地,一起 enhancement: 增强,提高,放大
我想这不是她迷人的原因吧?
-Orson: She's actually very sweet.
她真的很可爱。
Shame to see her mixed up with a dog like Karl.
shame: 羞愧,遗憾的事 be mixed up with: 卷入,牵涉进去,和…往来
很遗憾看见她和Karl这种人混一起。
You have to pity any woman who makes that mistake.
任何作出这样错误选择的女人都有些可惜啊。
-Bree: Yes, you do.
是的。

-Lynette: Susan?
Susan?
-Susan: Oh! shh! shh! get in...
shh: 嘘,安静一点
哦,嘘! 进来...
-Lynette: What are you doing?
你干嘛呢?
-Susan: Stay low!
压低身子!
-Lynette: Oh! okay, let's try that again. What are you doing?
好,我再问一次,你干嘛呢?
-Susan: Surveillance. I am gonna nail that Danny Bolen kid.
surveillance: 监视,看守 nail: 钉,使牢固,【盯紧】
监视。我要盯紧Danny Bolen家的小孩。
-Lynette: I thought the police were...
我觉得警察...
-Susan: The police are useless. So I'm keeping a log of all his comings and goings.
keep a log: 记航海(飞行)日志,做记录
很没用。所以我记下他们的进进出出。
If he leaves, and another girl gets attacked, he won't be able to lie and say he was home.
如果他不在,另一个女生遇袭,他就不会再撒谎说自己在家里了。
-Lynette: well... I got a few minutes to kill. Oh, by the way, I was gonna call you.
kill: 消磨时光
好,我陪你几分钟。哦,我刚想给你电话来着。
You haven't told Gaby I'm pregnant, have you?
pregnant: 怀孕的
你还没和Gaby说我怀孕的事吧?
-Susan: No. Why?
没,怎么了?
-Lynette: Well, I haven't had a chance to tell Carlos yet, and I rea

lly think he should hear it from me...
我还没机会告诉Carlos。我觉得他应该听说...
-Susan: Get down! You think I'm nuts, don't you?
nuts: 傻瓜,疯子
压低! 你觉得我忒傻,是吧?
-Lynette: No. I think you're a mother.
没有。你只是一个母亲。
-Susan: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Lynette: Although speaking as a fellow mother...
fellow: 同事的,同道的
我也是一个母亲...
Do you remember what happened to Porter?
你还记得Porter曾经发生的事情不?
Everyone in town was so sure he set that fire and killed those people.
set fire: 纵火,放火烧
每个人都觉得他放火杀了那些人。
People can be sure, and they can be wrong.
人们确信的有时也是错的。
-Susan: I'm not wrong.
我没错。
-Lynette: okay. What are you doing?
好吧!你要干嘛?
-Susan: Following him. Buckle up.
buckle up: 扣紧汽车内座位上的安全带
跟踪他,系安全带!
-Lynette: No, I can't! I have to put a meatloaf in the oven! Oh! wait! wait! I forgot my...
meatloaf: 烘肉卷
哦,不行,我要回家做饭。等等,我忘了我的...

-Bree: So, Candace, what do you do for a living?
Candace,你做什么工作?
-Candace: I'm a dancer.
舞蹈演员。
-Bree: Oh, what kind? jazz? Ballet? Lap?
jazz: 爵士乐 ballet: 芭蕾舞 lap: 大腿舞,健身舞
哦,哪种? 爵士? 芭蕾? 健身舞?
-Karl: Actually, Candace was a rockette.
actually: 事实上 rockette: 【踢腿舞表演者】
事实上,Candace是踢腿舞表演者。
-Bree: Oh! It must've been exhausting spending so much time with your legs in the air.
exhausting:疲倦的
哦,那很累吧,不停的踢腿。
-Orson: I …love this song. Bree, would you care to dance?
我喜欢这曲子。Bree,跳支舞吧?
-Bree: sorry, my shoes are killing me. ask Candace. she's the pro.
kill: 脚疼 pro: professional,专业的
不,我的鞋子不合脚,问问Candace,她专家呢。
-Candace: I'd love to.
好的。
-Bree: Have fun, you two!
玩的开心!
You loathsome pig. You're supposed to be cheating with me, not on me.
loathsome: 讨厌的,可恶的,令人呕吐的 supposed to be: 本应如此
你这白痴猪头,你是想欺骗我,背叛我。
-Karl: I asked if you were free. You weren't.
我问你有时间不,你没有。
I called Candace. What's the problem?
我就打电话给Candace。有什么问题吗?
-Bree: Well, it's just that she's so... cheap.She's beneath you.
cheap: 低级的,俗气的 beneath: 在...之下
哦,她也忒俗了吧。配不上你。
-Karl: Not yet, but she will be.
现在也许吧,但会好的。
-Bree: Bravo! Well done!If her dress were any lower, it'd be a belt.
bravo: 好啊!妙! belt:: 腰带
真不错! 漂亮! 如果她的裙子再低点,就成带子了吧。
-Karl: Gosh, Bree, could this be jealousy I'm hearing?
gosh: 唉! 糟了! 必定! jealousy: 妒忌的
天哪,Bree,你这是在嫉妒?
-

Bree: I'm not jealous. I'm appalled.
appalled: 惊恐的
我没,只是惊讶。
And as long as we're together, I will not have you running around with other women.
run around with: 与…结交;和…混在一起:
只要我们还在一起你就别和其他女人纠缠不清。
-Karl: But we're not together. I'm just a diversion, remember?
diversion: 消遣,转移
但我们没在一起。我只是供你消遣,记得不?
A little fling to spice up an afternoon.And if that's all I am to you, fine.
fling: 投掷【这里是Karl在反击Bree不去赌城,他引用Bree在汽车旅馆的话,说自己不过是Bree的艳遇而已】 spice: 香料,情趣
给你午后增加点情趣。这就是我对你的价值,是吧。
But you don't get to say what I can do when the afternoon's over.
但你从没提当下午结束后我还可以做什么。
-Bree: Are you gonna take her to our motor lodge tonight?
motor lodge: 汽车旅馆
你今晚要带她去我们的汽车旅馆?
-Karl: Just try and stop me.
来阻止我试试。
-Bree: Excuse me. Someone over at the table was looking for you.
打扰下,那边座有人找你呢!
-Karl: What the hell happened here?
这发生啥事了?
-Bree: Ooh! Uh, Orson tripped. Really, sweetheart. You need to be more careful.
trip: 跌倒,使...犯错 sweetheart:: 情人,爱人
哦,Orson滑倒了。亲爱的,你要小心点哦。
-Orson: Oh, I'm so sorry. The floor was slippery.
slippery: 滑的
哦,对不起,地太滑了。
-Karl: Are you all right?
你没事吧?
-Candace: I think I broke my nose. I should go to the emergency room.
emergency room: 急诊室 emergency: 紧急情况,突发事件
我鼻子摔坏了,我要去急诊室。
-Bree: Oh, dear. And you had such lovely plans for the evening.
哦,宝贝,你晚上的美好计划泡汤了。

-Lynette: Hey, Janice. Is Carlos done with his meeting yet? I really need to talk to him.
do with: 完毕
Janice,Carlos开完会了吗? 我要和他谈谈。
-Carlos: Got a sec?
sec : second
有时间吗?
-Lynette: Never mind. Something wrong?
没事。什么事啊?
-Carlos: How would you like a parking space closer to the entrance?
parking space: 停车位
你想要入口处的停车位吗?
-Lynette: I'd love it. You closed the door for that?
想要啊,你关上门就为这事?
-Carlos: No, I closed the door to ask if you would like to be my new senior v.p.
senior: 高级的,资深的 v.p=Vice President: 副总裁
想问问你想做我公司的高级副总不?
-Lynette: Seriously? Oh... God. Carlos, I am... So flattered.
flattered: 感到荣幸的, 被恭维的
真的? 哦... 天哪! Carlos,我真是... 受宠若惊。
And I would love to say yes. It's just...
我想答应你,可是...
-Carlos: I know. More responsibility, more hours away from home.
responsibility: 责任
我知道责任更重,顾家时间更少。
But you get a company car and an expense account.
exp

ense account: 公款支付帐户,开支帐户 account: 帐户
但是会配公司的车和一个消费账户。
-Lynette: Which is very generous, but I still can't accept because...
generous: 慷慨的,宽宏大量的
待遇真优厚,但我还是不能接受...
-Carlos: And a 50% salary bump.
salary bump: 工资上涨 salary: 工资 bump: 碰撞,这儿是指提工资
工资涨50%。
-Lynette: Because it doesn't... have a 50% salary bump.
因为这不... 工资涨50%?
But now that it does, I'm in. When do I start?
因为这样,我同意。什么时候上任?
-Carlos: Tonight. We're having dinner with a big potential client.
potential: 潜在的 client:: 客户
今晚。我们与一个潜在大客户一起吃饭。
He is bringing his wife, so please bring Tom.
他会带他夫人,你也可以带Tom。
-Lynette: Sure. Wait. Weren't you gonna give this promotion to Judy?
promotion: 晋升
好的。等等。你不是要给Judy这职位吗?
-Carlos: I was. But between you and me, I found out she's pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
我是想,但你我之间我直说了,我发现她怀孕了。
Overheard her on the phone.
overhear: 无意中听到,偷听
无意间听到她打电话时说。
I saw what was coming... Doctor's visits, sick days, maternity leave.
sick day: 病假日 maternity leave: 产假 maternity: 为妊产妇的,母性,
我知道接下来... 就医、孕妇反应、产假。
-Lynette: Yeah, that can be annoying.
annoying: 令人恼火的
嗯,真是很麻烦。
But isn't denying a woman a promotion because she's pregnant a tiny bit illegal?
deny: 否认,拒绝 promotion: 晋升 tiny: 极小的,微小的 illegal: 不合法
但是不晋升一个女人就因为她怀孕是不是有点不合法?
-Carlos: Only if she finds out.
只有当她知道事实才算。
And, I mean, who's gonna tell her...my new senior v.p.?
senior: 高级的,资深的 v.p=Vice President: 副总裁
你说,谁会告诉她,我的新高级副总?
-Lynette: Hell, no. She's too busy thinking about that big bump she's got coming.
bump: 隆起物,【肚里的小孩】
不会。有孩子了,她才没时间想升职提薪的事。

-Bree: Yes?
有事?
-Orson: I've been thinking about last night,
我在想昨晚的事。
And you, Karl, Candy... And it finally hit me what was really going on.
hit: 突然明白
你,Karl,Candy... 终于明白怎么回事了。
-Bree: What are you talking about?
你说什么呢?
-Orson: The oil on the dance floor...
地上的油...
That was no accident. You put it there. You wanted Candy to fall.
那不是意外,你倒在那里的。你想Candy摔倒。
-Bree:That's ridiculous.
ridiculous: 荒谬的,可笑的
真可笑。
-Orson: Admit it. You were jealous of that girl from the moment Karl walked in with her.
admit : 承认 jealous: 嫉妒的
承认吧。你从Karl和她走在一起就嫉妒那女生。
-Bree: Orson, you're not making an

y sense. Why would I be jealous of Karl's date?
make ense: 讲得通,言之有理
Orson,你没道理。我怎么会嫉妒Karl和谁约会呢?
-Orson: Because she was dancing with me, of course.
是因为她和我跳舞。
I suppose I should be mad at you for nearly breaking my neck, but I'm too relieved.
suppose: 以为 be mad at: 对...非常愤怒、恼火 relieved: 放心的,宽心的
你差点摔死我了,我原想冲你大骂呢,后来释怀了。
-Bree: Relieved?
释怀?
-Orson: Yes, if watching me dance with a pretty girl can make you that crazy,
是的,如果你看见我和一个漂亮女人共舞让你发疯,
Then you obviously still care for me. There's still hope for us.
obviously: 显然地 care for: 关心,喜欢,介意
这说明你还在乎我,我们之间还有希望。
-Bree: Orson, you are reading way too much into one impulsive act.
impulsive: 冲动的,任性的
Orson,你想太多了,那只是一时冲动。
-Orson: Ohh, argue all you like.
哦,想怎么说就怎么说吧。
A woman doesn't pull a stunt like that Over a man she's not in love with.
stunt: 表演特技,【这里指Bree在地上泼油的举动】
一个女人是不会对她不爱的男人这样的。

-Bree: Karl? Hi, it's Bree.
Karl? 嗨,我是Bree。
Um, I am thinking... Maybe I'm ready for that weekend in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas: 赌城拉斯韦加斯,拥有世界最著名的赌场、娱乐中心及豪华酒店
嗯,我在想...或许我们周末可以去Las Vegas了。

-Eddie: Hi, Mrs. Bolen.I'm a friend of Danny's from school. Is he in?
嗨,Bolen女士。我是Danny学校的朋友,他在吗?
-Angie: you got a name?
你叫什么名字?
-Eddie: Sorry. Eddie.
抱歉,Eddie。
-Angie: Danny! There's an Eddie here.
Danny! Eddie找你。
-Eddie: It's a nice house. You know what happened here, right?
房子真不错。你知道这里发生什么事了吧?
-Angie: Huh? Oh, yeah. What are you gonna do?
哈? 嗯,知道。你有什么事?
-Danny: Hey. What's up?
嗨,怎么回事?
-Eddie: Hey. My brakes are shot. Is there any chance you could take a look at 'em?
brakes: 刹车,刹车系统 'em: them
我的刹车出问题了。你有时间去看看吗?
-Danny: Nah. I... I don't feel like it, Eddie.
feel like: 想做(某事)
我不太想去,Eddie。
-Angie: Come on. You've been moping around the house all day. Go. Help your buddy.
mop: 用拖把洗擦 buddy: 伙伴,好朋友
去吧,你打扫一天的卫生了。去吧帮帮你朋友。
-Danny: Okay.
好吧。

-Angie: I'm glad one of us has a friend. I was at the supermarket earlier.
supermarket: 超级市场
真高兴我家还有人有朋友。我刚才在超市。
Everybody was looking at me like I had their grandmother in my trunk.
trunk: 大衣箱
每个人都在看我,好象我把他们的奶奶藏在箱子里。
-Nick: Yeah. While you were out, three hate calls in one hour. I don't know.
是的

,你出去的时候,一个小时内有三个恐吓电话打来。我不知道。
I'm startin' to think it's time to get out of the Bolen business.
out of business: 歇业 out of the Bolen business: 【指Bolen一家为躲避外人骚扰而不用Bolen这个姓氏】
我觉得是时候改名换姓了。
-Angie: No. We cannot change our names and run every time there's a little trouble.
不,我们不能一遇到小麻烦就改名换姓地逃走。
-Nick: This is more than a little trouble, babe.
babe: 宝贝
这麻烦可不小,宝贝。
-Angie: I don't care.We are not putting Danny through all that again.
put sb through sth: 让人承受,经历
我不在乎。我们不能再重蹈覆辙伤害Danny了。
And maybe this hasn't worked out the way we'd hope.
work out:(事情的)结果,解决
也许结果会不如人意。
But until I say otherwise, we are Nick and Angie Bolen.
otherwise: 否则,要不然,
但在我改变主意前,我们仍是Bolen一家。

-Danny: Hey, can you go into the... the basement. And get me a work light?
basement: 地下室 work light: 工作灯
嘿,你能到地下室。给我拿个电筒吗?
-Eddie: Yeah.
好的。
-Danny: Thanks.
谢谢。

-Susan: Got a second?
有空吗?
-Danny: Sure. I'm really sorry about what happened to Julie.
有。Julie的事,很遗憾。
-Susan: Thanks. Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about.
actually: 实际上
谢谢关心,实际上,我正想和你说这事。
-Danny: I didn't hurt her, Mrs. Delfino.
我没有伤害她,Delfino夫人。
-Susan: But you did fight with her. I mean, Mrs. Mccluskey saw you.
fight with: 与…打架
但你和她发生了争执。Mccluskey夫人看到了。
What were you fighting with her about?
你们为了什么争执?
-Danny: I'm sorry. That lawyer told me that I shouldn't talk to anybody about this stuff.
lawyer: 律师 stuff: 事情,物质
我很报歉,律师告诉我我不该和别人谈论这件事。
-Susan: I know that Julie thought she was pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
我知道Julie认为自己怀孕了。
-Danny: What?
什么?
-Susan: You didn't think I knew that, right? Is that what you... fought about?
你以为我不知道,是吗? 这就是你们争执的原因?
-Danny: Um, I didn't know.
呃,我不知道。
-Susan: Is that why you attacked my daughter?
这就是你袭击我女儿的原因吗?
-Danny: No, I... I didn't even know that.
不,我都不知道她有孕。
-Susan: You're lying.
你说谎。
-Danny: No, I'm not.
不,我没有。
-Susan: You're lying!
你在说谎。
-Danny: Please, just leave me alone. Hey! What are you doing?
leave alone: 不打扰,不干预,让…独自呆着
请你离开。嘿! 你在做什么?
-Susan: I know that you did it. I can see it in your eyes!
我知道是你做的,你的眼睛泄了你的底!
-Danny: Mom! Dad! Help me!
妈妈! 爸爸! 救救我!
-Susan:Just admit that you did it!

Admit it! Admit it to me!
admit: 允许进入,承认
你就承认是你干的吧! 承认吧! 向我承认!
-Danny: Mrs. Delfino, please.
Delfino夫人,求你了。

-Angie: Hey! Get the hell away from him!
the hell: 作加强语气词,究竟,到底
喂!离他远点?
-Susan: Oh, are you gonna attack me?
哦,轮到你袭击我了?
-Danny: Hey!
喂!
-Angie: What the hell is wrong with you?
你有病!
-Susan: He did it! You know that he...
是他干的! 你知道他...
-Danny: Ma! Careful!
妈! 小心!
-Angie: You come near him again, I swear I will kill you.
swear: 发誓
如果你再靠近他,发誓我会杀了你。
-Susan: You can't protect him forever.
你不能永远包庇他。
People know what he is now, and he's gonna be punished.
punish: 惩罚
人们现在知道他干的好事了,他会受到惩罚的。
-Angie: Okay, baby. Come on. Come on.
好了,宝贝。出来,出来。

-Eddie: Hey! What the hell happened to my car?
the hell: 作加强语气词,究竟,到底
嘿! 我的车怎么了?

-Ana: Hi, uncle Carlos. Your clients are here. I put him at our best table.
client: 客户
嘿,Carlos叔叔。你的客人已经到了,我给他安排了最好的位子。
-Carlos: Thank you, sweetie.
谢谢你,宝贝。

-Tom: Lynette?
Lynette?
-Lynette: Yeah?
耶?
-Tom: Are you sure about this?
你真的要这样做吗?
-Lynette: About being senior v.p. with a 50% salary bump? Uh, Yeah.
salary bump: 工资上涨 senior: 高级的,资深的
v.p=Vice President: 副总裁
成为一个高级副理和50%的加薪? 呃,是的。
-Tom: But did you hear the way he described the job in the car?
describe: 描述
你在车里听到他对工作的描述了吗?
I mean, it sounds like a killer schedule.
killer schedule: 令人窒息的安排 schedule: 时间表,计划
我是说那么大的工作量。
-Lynette: I can handle it. And you get to stay in school.
handle: 处理,操作
我可以应付的,而你还得去学校呢。
Remember your big dream? Our future?
记得你的梦想? 我们的未来?
-Tom: Of course. But how are we gonna keep it a secret?
当然,但你要如何保守秘密?
Carlos is gonna find out about this thing eventually.
eventually:最后,最终
Carlos迟早会发现这件事的。
-Lynette: By then, I will have proved I can do the job, pregnant or not. Please?
pregnant: 怀孕的
到那时,我早已证明不管是否怀孕,我都可以胜任这项工作。求你了?
-Tom: Okay. I'm in. But you gotta prove it fast.
好吧,我同意。但你必须快一点证明。
Remember last time you were pregnant with twins? Every part of you swelled up.
swell up: 肿起,膨胀
还记得上次你怀双胞胎的时候吗? 你全身都鼓起来了。
It was like sleeping next to a body that dragged out of the river.
body: 人、动物的尸体 drag: 用力拖,拉,拽,
我就像睡在一具从河里捞起来的

,被水泡的胀开的尸体旁一样。
-Lynette: You said I was beautiful.
你当时说我漂亮。
-Tom: I had to. You were twice my size.
没得选,你的块头是我的两倍。

-Vic: This is a 2004 Barolo from my vineyard in Piedmont.
Barolo: 巴罗洛葡萄酒 vineyard: 葡萄园 Piedmont: 皮德蒙特高原
这是2004年的巴罗洛葡萄酒,产自我的皮埃蒙特葡萄园。
-Lynette: Your vineyard?
你的葡萄园?
-Vic: Yeah. That's why I insisted on this restaurant. They, uh, carry my label.
insist on: 坚持,坚决要求 label: 标签,商标
是的,这就是我来这家餐厅的原因。他们用的可是我的酒。
I love business, but wine is my passion.
passion: 酷爱;热情
我喜欢做生意,也酷爱红酒。
-Lynette: Oh, none for me tonight.
哦,今晚不行。
-Vic: Why not?
为什么?
-Lynette: Well... I wanna keep my head clear for business.
clear: 目光敏锐的,头脑清醒的
嗯... 我想保持清醒的头脑谈生意。
-Vic: No. No business talk. Tonight is about getting to know each other over good food and fine wine.
不,不谈生意。今晚我们单纯以美食美酒相知相识。

-Carlos: Yeah, Lynette, his wine. So drink up.
drink up: 喝干净,喝完
没错,Lynette,这是他的葡萄酒。喝一点吧。
-Lynette: Well, I guess a little wouldn't hurt.
好的,一点点也无伤大雅。
-Vic: There. Yeah. Very nice.
来了。非常好
-Tom: So... Vic... What do you suggest to go with your wine?
那么... Vic... 你想点什么餐呢?
-Vic: Let me see. Oh... The carpaccio sounds like a nice starter.
carpaccio: (配有调味汁的) 生牛肉片,白汁红肉 starter: 第一道菜
我来看看,哦... 白汁红肉是不错的开胃菜。
Wow. Lynette. You liked it, huh?
哇,Lynette,你喜欢这个,是吧?
-Lynette: It was delicious.
味道很好。
-Vic: Lucky for you, it's a big vineyard.
vineyard: 葡萄园
你真幸运,我的酒庄很大。
-Lynette: Oh. Thank you.
哦,谢谢。
-Tom: Oh, look! One of the Pointer Sisters! Sorry. It was, um, just a nun.
Pointer Sisters:指针姐妹合唱团【于20世纪70、80年代红极一时】 nun: 尼姑,修女
哦,看! 是the Pointer Sisters的成员。不好意思,原来是个,呃,修女。
-Carlos: Excuse me. I'll be right back. Gaby, what the hell?
不好意思我马上回来。Gaby, 到底怎么啦?
-Gabrielle: I know. I'm sorry i'm late.
我知道,对不起,我来晚了。
-Carlos: I mean your clothes.
我是说你的衣服。
Didn't I see that shirt in the hamper this morning?
hamper: 篮子,大盖篮
这不是今早要换洗的衣服吗?
-Gabrielle: I gave it a sniff. It has another day in it.
sniff: 用鼻吸气
我闻过了,是前天的。
-Carlos: Gaby, this is an important business dinner.
Gaby,这场商务晚餐很重要。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, but it's also John Rowland's restaurant.
是的,可是是在John Rowland的

饭店。
If I made myself pretty, You might think I was doing it just for him.
如果我打扮得很漂亮,你会觉得我是为他打扮的。
-Carlos: Oh, god help me. Is that what this is about?
哦,老天,原来你是在指这件事。
-Gabrielle: Well, I didn't want to run the risk of failing another test.
run the risk: 冒险 risk: 风险,危险
哦,我可不想冒险又通不过考验。
-Carlos: Okay, Gaby, go change. You made your point.
make one’s point: 说服别人赞成自己的论点
好了,Gaby,换衣服去吧,我知道你的意思了。
-Gabrielle: Not quite.
看来不像。
For the past 11 years, I have stood beside you when you were poor and blind and knocked me up twice.
stand beside: 支持 knock up: <美俚> 使怀孕
在过去的十一年里,我一直在你身边。无论是你贫穷,失明还是让我两次怀孕。
At this point in our marriage, If you still feel the need to test me, Then you're the one who's failed.
在走到今天这一步时,如果你还觉得需要考验我,那你才是那个不合格的人。
-Carlos: You're right. I'm sorry.
你是对的。对不起。
-Gabrielle: Thank you. And for the record, I only took my clip off and shook out my hair.
take off: 拿掉,取下 clip: 夹子,别针 shake out: 抖开(帆等),使展开
谢谢。再说明下,我拿下发夹,甩甩头发。
Because I ran into somebody I knew. I would've done it if it was Lynette Scavo, okay?
run into: 偶然遇到某人
只是因为遇到了故人,就算是Lynette Scavo我也这么做,知道了?
-Carlos: Okay. So do you think you can go home and...
嗯,那么,你可以回家...
-Gabrielle: Oh, don't worry. I have clothes and makeup in the car.
makeup: 化妆品
哦,别担心,我把衣服和化妆品放在车里了。
-Carlos: Good, because that shirt did not have another day in it.
太好了,因为这件衣服已经不能再穿了。

-Angie: Hello? Who is this? What is your name?
你好? 哪位? 你叫什么名字?
Oh, you got a big mouth for a guy with no name.
big mouth: 多话的人
哦你是个大嘴巴无名氏。
No, no, no, no. No, no, you listen to me.
不不不不不。你听我说。
You come anywhere near my family, I will personally bash your brains in... assuming you have any!
personally: 自己,亲自地 bash: 猛击,打碎 assuming: 假定,假装,如果
只要你靠近我家,我就砸碎你的脑袋.. 不管你有没有做什么!
-Danny: You okay?
还好吗?
-Angie: I'm fine. Just another moron with some empty threats.
moron: <口语>,傻瓜,笨蛋 empty threat: 虚张声势 threat:: 威胁,恐吓
我挺好,只是个蠢货在虚张声势吓唬人。
-Danny: And what if they're not empty?
what if: 如果...将会怎么样
如果他们来真的呢?
-Angie: Do you know where your father and I keep the gun?
你知道我和你爸爸把枪藏在哪吗?
-Danny: Ma...
妈...
-Angie: No, look, you're ol

d enough to know this stuff.
stuff: 事情,物质
不,你也该知道这些了。
Just in case someone should try to come in here and hurt you...
in cas: 以防万一
以防有人真来伤害你...
-Danny: I can take care of myself.
我会照顾自己。
-Angie: Well, just in case you can't take care of yourself...
万一你照顾不好自己...
There is a loaded 38 Smith & Wesson in a box in the second drawer in my dresser.
loaded: (枪、炮)装有弹药的 Smith & Wesson: 史密夫韦森牌手枪 drawer: 桌子、办公桌、柜子等的抽屉 dresser: 配镜衣橱
有把上膛的口径38mm史密斯韦森牌的枪在盒子里。放在我衣橱的第二层。
You got that? What are you smiling at?
记住了吗? 你笑什么?
-Danny: It's just... It's not your typical mother-son conversation.
typical: 典型的
只是... 不符合你典型的母子对话类型。
-Angie: You know I've always felt bad about the way we've had to raise you, being on the run and all.
raise: 养育子女 on the run: 在逃跑中,奔波,纷忙
我总是内疚于四处奔波着把你带大。
If it weren't for me, you could had a normal childhood.
要不是我,你也会有正常人的童年。
-Danny: Ma, you don't ever have to apologize to me. I'm glad you're not like other moms.
apologize: 道歉,表示歉意
妈,你不必向我道歉。我很庆幸有个与众不同的妈妈。
-Angie: Thanks, baby. I just wanna be a good one.
谢谢你,宝贝。我只想做个好母亲。
Remember... Aim for the head, not the legs.
aim: 把(武器、球、箭、火箭等)瞄准
记住... 要瞄准头不是腿。

-Vic: So Patty comes downstairs, and sitting under the Christmas tree is the cutest golden retriever puppy you ever saw.
cute: 逗人喜爱的,漂亮的 golden: 金(黄)色的 retriever puppy: 能把猎物找回来的猎狗 retriever: 猎犬 puppy: 小狗
Patty走下楼,坐到了圣诞树下,那是一只非常可爱的黄金猎犬。
-Patty: Oh, it was the best present I ever got.
哦,那可是我收到的最好礼物。
-Gabrielle: Aw.
噢。
-Vic: Do you like dogs, Lynette?
你喜欢狗吗,Lynette?
-Tom: Oh, I love them!But Penny is allergic, so we got fish.
allergic: 过敏性的,患过敏症的
哦,我爱狗狗! 只是Penny容易过敏,我们改去钓鱼。
Fish suck. Swim, die, flush... new one. Swim, die, flush... new one.
suck: <美俚> 令人厌恶,极为讨厌 flush: (水等)逆流,奔流
钓鱼真没劲,游泳,死去,被水冲走... 再来一条。再游,死掉,被冲走... 再来一条。
You know, what dog I'd really like is the Reima-Waner.
知道吗?我真正喜欢的够是魏玛华纳。
-Lynette: Weimaraner.
魏玛犬。
-Vic: A window-hammer.
hammer: 锤子,槌,
窗口锤。
-Lynette: Weimaraner.
魏玛犬。
-Tom: Rammer Jammer.
Rammer Jammer(欢呼方式)。
-Carlos: Lynette, make him stop.
Lynette,让他别这样。
-Tom: Gab

相关文档
最新文档