外研社《英语初级听力》第12课课文翻译

合集下载
相关主题
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

Lesson Twelve
Section one:
A)Dialogues
Dialogue 1:
--Do you think you could stop whistling? 你觉得你能停止吹口哨吗?
I’m trying to write an essay.我正想写一篇文章。

--Oh,I’m sorry. I thought you were in the other room.哦,我很抱歉,我以为你在另一个房间里。

Dialogue 2:
--Is it alright if I leave my rucksack on the back seat? 我把背包放在后座上行吗?
--Yes of course. Go ahead. 是的,当然可以。

放吧。

--And would you mind if I took off my shoes? 你介意我脱下我的鞋子吗?
My feet are killing me.我的两只脚真要我的命。

--Well, I’d rather you didn’t. 额,我希望你不要做。

It’s rather a hot day. 这是相当热的一天。

Dialogue 3:
--Hello,Charles, I haven’t seen you all day. 你好,查尔斯,我一整天都没见到你。

What have you been doing? 你在做什么?
--Actually I’ve been working on my first novel. 其实,我一直在写我的第一部小说。

--Oh,yes. How far have you got with it?哦,好吧。

你小说进展如何?
--Well, I thought of a good title, 嗯,我想到了一个好题目,
and I made a list of characters,我做了一个角色列表,
and I’ve designed the front cover.并且我已经设计好了封面。

--Have you started writing it yet?你已经开始写了吗?
--Oh, I’ve written two pages already.哦,我已经写了两页了。

--Only two? 只有两页?
--Well, yes. I haven’t quite decided yet what happens next.-嗯,是的,我还没有决定下一步会发生什么。

Dialogue 4:
--I saw an accident yesterday. 昨天我看见一场事故。

--What were you doing at the time? 当时你在干什么?
--I was queuing for the cinema. 我在电影院排队。

--And what did you do when you saw the accident?当你看到这一事故时,你做了什么?
--I rushed forward to see if I could help.我冲上前去看我能否帮忙。

Dialogue 5:
--Hmm.You are a good squash player. 嗯,你是一个很好的板球选手。

How long have you been playing?你玩了多久了?
--I have been playing since the beginning of the last term. 从上学期开始我一直在玩。

What about you?你呢?
--Me?Oh,I’ve been playing about two years now.我?哦,我已经玩了两年了
—But I’m still not very good.但我玩的还是不太好。

Dialogue 6:
--I’ve got a watch with a silver strap.我有一个手表,银色的表带。

--That’s nothing. 那有什么。

I’ve got one with a gold strap.我有一个金表带。

--I’ve got a watch that tells you the date.我有一块手表,能显示日期。

--That’s nothing. 那有什么。

I’ve got one that tells you the date and the day. 我有一个手表,告诉你日期和星天。

B)Restaurant English
Dialogue 1:
Woman:Look at these glasses, this one’s even got lipstick on it 女人:.看这些杯子,这有一个上面甚至有口红。

Waiter:I’m very sorry, madam. 服务员:很抱歉,女士。

I’ll bring you clean ones right away.我马上给你换一个干净的。

Dialogue 2:
Man:Head waiter,I want to have a word with you. 男:领班,我想和你说一句话。

Head Waiter:Yes,sir.Is there something wrong, sir?领班服务员:是的,先生,有什么事,先生?
Man:Something wrong?I should think there is something wrong. 男人:有什么事,我认为有一些问题。

My wife and I have been kept here waiting nearly an hour for our meal!我和我的妻子一直在这儿等着吃饭,等了差不多一个小时!
Head Waiter:I’m terribly sorry about that, sir.服务员:我很抱歉,先生。

Our staff has been kept unusually busy this evening. 今天晚上我们的工作人员一直非常忙。

I’ll see to it personally myself.我亲自来处理吧。

Now,if you wouldn’t mind just telling me what you ordered. 现在,如果你不介意,请告诉我你要点的菜。

Dialogue 3:
Woman:This coffee is practically cold. 女人:这咖啡就是凉的。

Waiter:I am sorry, madam.服务员:对不起,女士。

I’ll bring you a fresh pot straight away.我会马上给你换一壶。

Section two:
A.
This table shows the number of commuters into central London between 7.00 a.m.and 10.00 a.m.daily.此表显示在每天早上7点到10点之间进入伦敦市中心的乘客数。

The total number is 1,023,000.Of these,405,000 travel by underground—that's 29% of the total, and 28% travel by British Rail—that's 391,000 people daily. 总人数为102.3万人,其中40.5万人每天乘地铁, 占总数的29%, 另有28%的人每天乘坐英国铁路—那每天有39.1万人。

Ten per cent use both rail and underground,and ten per cent, 99,000 people, travel by bus. 同时使用铁路和地铁的占百分之十,另百分之十9.9万人乘公共汽车出门。

That means a total of 788,000 people, 77%,on public transport. 这意味着共有78.8万人,占77%,乘坐公共交通工具。

One hundred and ninety-seven thousand come by car and the rest come either by motorbike or bicycle. 19.7万人开汽车出行,其余的骑摩托车或自行车出行。

This means 4% come by motorbike or bicycle, and 19% by car. 这意味着4%的骑摩托车或自行车,19%的开汽车。

B.
Mrs.Nicholas went away for a fortnight. 尼古拉斯太太离开了两个星期。

Before she went, she called in at the local police station and talked to the policeman on duty.在她走之前,她打电话到当地警察局和值班的警察交谈。

Mrs.Nicholas:I’m going away to the seaside for a few days and I’d like you to keep an eye on my home while I’m away.尼古拉斯夫人:我要去海边玩几天,我想你在我离开的时候能照看我的家。

Policeman:Certainly,Madam.What’s your name and address?警察:当然,夫人,你的名字和地址是什么?
Mrs. Nicholas: The name’s Nicholas, and the address is 14 Spring Vale.
N:名字是尼古拉斯,地址是春天谷14号。

Policeman: Thank you. You’ll lock all the doors, and make sure all the windows are shut, won’t you?
P:谢谢。

你要锁好所有的门,并且确保所有的窗户都关好了,可以吗?
Mrs. Nicholas: Of course.
N:当然。

Policeman: And you’ll remember to cancel the milk.
P:并且你要记得取消你订的奶。

Mrs. Nicholas: Yes, I’ve already done that.
N:嗯,我已经做好了。

Policeman: And the papers.
P:还有报纸。

Mrs. Nicholas: Yes.
N:好的
Policeman: And you won’t leave any ladders about.
P:并且你不要留下任何梯子。

Mrs. Nicholas: No, we haven’t got a big ladder.
N:我们没有大梯子。

Policeman: That’s fine. Are you friendly with the people next door?
P:那就好。

你和邻居关系好吗?
Mrs. Nicholas: Yes, we are.
N:是的,我们很好。

Policeman: Well, I think you’d better tell them you’re going away, too. Ask them to give us a ring if they see or hear anything suspicious.
P:我认为你最好告诉他们你要出去。

如果他们看到或听到什么可疑的,让他们给我们一个电话。

Mrs. Nicholas: Yes, I will. Thank you.
N:好的,我会的。

谢谢。

C.
There is a party in progress and one person A is standing by the drinks table serving drinks. B approaches and A offers her a drink.
有个派对正在进行,一个人A正站在饮料桌旁提供酒水。

B靠近了,A给他了一杯。

B: I thought you might be here.
B:我想你可能在这。

A: Ah, hello. How are you?
啊,你好。

你怎么样?
B: Not bad. How are you?
不太坏。

你怎么样?
A: All right, I suppose.
我想还行。

B: What are you drinking?
你在喝什么?
A: Some sort of wine. Do you want some?
一些果酒。

你想要一些吗?
B: No, I think I’d prefer beer. Have they got any?
不用了,我想我宁愿要些啤酒。

他们要了吗?
A: Yes, there’s some over there.
是的,那里有一些
(B pours out a drink.)B倒了一些饮料
B: Well, what do you think of the party?
你觉得这个派对怎么样?
A: It’s not bad. I’m not really in the mood for a party, though.
不太坏。

虽然我对这场聚会没有太大的兴致。

B: Why’s that?
为什么会那样?
A: I don’t know, really. I suppose I’m a bit tired.
其实,我不知道。

我想我是有点累了。

(During the last exchange C has approached the table to get a drink. A offers C a drink but accidentally drops it.) 在最后一轮对话时,C已经靠近桌子去拿饮料了。

A递给了C一杯,但是意外地掉了。

A: Oh, sorry about that.
哦!对不起。

C: (annoyed) I should think so!
(生气地)我该料到如此。

A: Don’t worry. It’s not too bad.
不用担心。

那不是太糟。

C: What do you mean? It’s gone all over my trousers—I only bought them last week. 你什么意思?都弄到我裤子上了--我上周刚买的。

A: There’s no need to shout.
那没必要大喊大叫吧
C: (loudly) I’m not shouting.
(大声的)我没在大喊大叫。

A: Yes, you are.
是的,你在大喊大叫
C: (very loudly) No, I’m not!
(非常大声)不,我没有。

B: (wanting to calm the situation) Look, why don’t you dry them with this?
(想要平复这个局面)看,为什么你不用这个把裤子弄干呢?
C: (ignoring B) You should watch what you’re doing!
(无视B)你应该看看你干了什么
A: What do you mean? It was your fault!
你什么意思?这是你的错!
B: How about another drink? (C ignores B.)再来一杯饮料呢?(C忽视了B)
C: Anyway, don’t I know you?
无论如何,我是不是认识你吗?
B: Do you want another drink? (C ignores B.)
你想要再来一杯吗?(C无视了B)
A: You might do.
你可能是
C: You didn’t go to St. Mark’s School, did you?
你没有去St. Mark 学校待过,对吗?
A: Yes, I did actually.
不,我确实待过。

C: Yes, I remember now. You were going out with that awful girl, weren’t you?
嗯,现在我想起来了。

你那时和那个丑女孩一起拍拖,是不是你?
A: What do you mean?
你什么意思?
C: You know, the one with the big nose. What happened to her?
你知道的,那个大鼻子女生。

她怎么样了?
A: We got married, actually. In fact, that’s her over there.
事实上,我们结婚了。

其实,她就在那。

C: Yes...
哦……
Section Three:
Dictations:
A woman went into a bar and asked for a glass of water. The barman pointed a gun at her. She thanked him and went out.
一个女人进去了一个酒吧,要了一杯水。

那个酒吧服务生用枪对着她。

她向服务生道谢,然后出去了。

A man was found lying dead in the middle of a desert. He had a pack on his back.
一名男子被发现躺在沙漠中央死掉了。

他有个背包背在后背。

A woman dialed the number on the telephone. Someone answered and said, “Hello.”She put the phone down with a happy smile.
一位妇女拨打了电话。

有人接了电话,说,“你好”她微笑着放下了电话。

A man is found dead in the room. There is no furniture, and all the doors and windows are locked from the inside. There is a pool of water on the floor.
一名男子被发现死在了房间里。

房间里没有家具,所有的门窗都从里面反锁了。

地板上有一滩水。

There is a man on the bed and a piece of wood on the floor. The second man comes into the room with sawdust on his hands, smiles and goes out again.
有个男人在床上,一捆木材在地上。

第二个男人手里拿着锯末走进房间,笑了一下,又出去了。

相关文档
最新文档