海上钢琴师Legendof1900全部台词中英文对照
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
看电影学英语 Legend of 1900 《海上钢琴师》
-Max: “I still ask myself if I did the right thing
我还在问自己是否做的对,
when I abandoned his floating city. And I don't mean only for the work. Fact is, abandon: 放弃,遗弃floating: 漂流的;浮动的
当我离开了他漂泊的城市,我指的不仅是工作,事实是
a friend like that, a real friend, you won't meet one again.
那样才是真正的朋友,你再也不会见到他这样的人。
If you just decide to hang up your sea legs,
hang up: [常用被动语态]中止,搁置
如果你不想出海,
if you just want to feel something more solid beneath your feet,
solid: 固体的,结实的beneath: 在…之下
如果你只想站在陆地上,
and if then you no loner hear the music of the gods around you. But like he used to say…
no longer: 不再
如果你不再想听见天籁之音,但是像他常说过的一样…
You're never really done for as long as you got a good story and someone to tell it to.
done for: 完蛋的,破灭的as long as: 只要
只要你有个好故事,你就永远不会被人忘记,一个值得告诉别人的故事,
Trouble is nobody believe a single word of my story. It happened every time someone would look up and see her
look up: 抬头看
可问题是没人相信我的故事。每次都是这样,某人一抬头就看到她。
It's difficult to understand there would be more than a thousand of us on that ship, 很难理解,那船上有上千人,
Traveling rich folks, immigrants and strange people, and us
immigrant: 移民
有富人,移民,陌生人和我们。
Yet there was always one guy alone who would see her first.
但是总会有一个人一眼就看到她的单身汉。
Maybe he was just sitting there, eating or walking on the deck.
deck: 甲板
或许他只是坐在那吃东西或是在甲板上散步,
Maybe he was just fixing his pants. He'd look up for a second,
fix: 修理pants: 裤子
或许他正在缝补裤子。他抬起头,
a quick glance out to sea and he'd see her.
glance: 一瞥
很快地向海上望去,便看到了她。
Then he'd just stand there rooted to the spot, his heart racing.
root: 生根,扎根spot:: 地点race: 疾行【这里指心脏快速跳动】
他的脚像生了根,心也悸动不安。
And every time every damn time, I swear he'd turn to us, towards the ship towards everybody and scream.”
damn: 该死的【表强调】swear: 发誓scream: 大喊
每次,每一次,我发誓,他转向我冲着船朝着每个人大喊…
-Man: America!
美国!
-Max: New York, The one who sees America first .There's one on every ship.
纽约,先看到美国的人每个船上都有一个。
And don't be thinking it's an accident or some optical illusion, it's destiny. accident: 意外的事optical: 视觉的illusion: 幻觉destiny: 命运
不要以为这是偶然,或是视觉幻想,那是命运。
Those are people who always have that precise instant stamped on their life. precise: 精确的,准确的instant: 瞬间stamp: 使被铭记
这些人他们的生命中总是有准确的被打上烙印的时刻。
And when they were kids you could look into their eyes and if you looked carefully enough you'd already see her-America.
当他们是孩子的时候你看他们眼睛,如果你仔细观察你就会看到她—美国。
And I've seen a few Americans. Six years on that ship five crossings a year. crossing: 横渡
我没见过多少美国人,呆在那船上六年,一年横跨五次欧洲和美国。
When you stepped on land you couldn't even piss straight in the john.
step on: 踩,踏piss: 撒尿straight: 笔直地john: 厕所
当你踏上大陆,你在上厕所的时候都会感觉晃。
It was steady. The john, I mean. But you'd keep bobbing like an idiot.
steady: 固定的bob: 上下跳动idiot: 白痴
我的意思是,厕所是不动的,你却像个白痴一样不停的晃。
You can get off a ship all right but off the ocean”
get off: 从…上下来but: 除…以外
你可以安然无恙的离开船,但是却不可能离开大海。
-Pops: I was just closing. What can I do for you?
马上要关门了。需要点什么?
-Max: [when I boarded, I was 24 years old and I only cared about one thing in life -playing the trumpet.] I'm selling it.
board: 登(飞机,车,船)care about: 关心trumpet: 小号
当我登上这船的时候才24岁,一生中我只在乎一件事,演奏小号。我要卖这个。
-Pops: Conn, not bad.
康恩,不错。
-Max: Best brass money can buy.
brass: 黄铜,铜管(乐器)
黄铜是最好的。
-Pops: Six pounds, ten shillings. Best I can do
pound: 英镑shilling: 先令,面值5便士的硬币