高考英语阅读理解-长难句分析-7个实例
- 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
- 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
- 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。
高考英语阅读理解-长难句分析-7个实例
01
For example, adolescent boys are more likely to buy computer games than any other group, so it makes sense to make computer game ads that appeal to this group.
【句式翻译】例如,进入青春期的男孩子就可能比任何其他人群更愿意购买电脑游戏,因此,针对这个目标群体制作有吸引力的电脑游戏广告是有意义的。
【句式分析】本句是一个含有so引导表示结果的复合句,同时又含有一个than 引导的比较状语从句。
【词语点拨】
1)likely adj. 可能的,常用于句型:sb/sth be likely to do= it is likely that…可能……
He’s very likely to send me an email tonight.=It’s very likely that he’ll send me an email tonight.
很可能他今晚会给我发电子邮件。
2) make sense 有意义;讲得通;make sense of 理解
I can’t follow these instructions -- they don’tmake sense.
我不理解这些指示--根本讲不通嘛。
We read the sentence through, but could not make sense of it.
我们我们把句子看了一遍, 但不明白它说些什么。
3) appeal to 吸引;
appeal to sb. for sth/appeal to sb. to do sth 呼吁某人干某事;求助于
Blue and red appeal to me, but I don’t like gray or yellow.
我喜欢蓝色和红色, 而不喜欢灰色或黄色。
Jack sincerely appealed to his friends to support him.
杰克真切地向朋友请求支持。
We can appeal to the website for the information we need.
我们可以在网上查找我们需要的信息。
【语法点拨】本句中的than any other…,意为“比其他任何一个……”,所谈论的对象在比较的范围之内;若不在范围之内,则不用other。如:
China is larger than any other country in Asia.
中国比亚洲任何别的国家都大。
China is larger than any country in Africa.
中国比非洲的任何国家都大。
02
The more exposed young people are to financial issues, and the younger they become aware of them, the more likely they are to become responsible, forward-planning adults who manage their finances confidently and effectively.
【句式翻译】年轻人越多接触经济问题、越早地了解这些问题,他们就更有可能成为有责任感的、早作打算的成年人,能够有信心地、有效地管理自己的经济问题。
【句式分析】本句含有“the+比较级,the+比较级”的句式,同时又含有一个who引导的限制性定语从句,修饰先行词adults。
【词语点拨】
1) expose vt.揭露;使暴露;
be exposed to 暴露于;接触
We must expose this shameful activity to the newspapers.
我们一定要向报社揭露这一无耻行径。
We should allow children to be exposed to new ideas.
我们应当让孩子们接触新思想。
2)manage v.设法对付;管理
manage to do 设法做成...
We need people who are good at managing.
我们需要擅长管理的人。
He managed to send the tourists to the airport in time.
他设法把游客及时送到机场。
【语法点拨】“the+比较级,the+比较级”,表示“越……越……”。如:
The more we get together, the happier we’ll be.
我们越是多聚会, 我们越快乐。
03
She found that kids praised for“trying hard”did better on tests and were more likely to take on difficult assignments than those praised for being“smart”.
【句式翻译】她发现因为努力被表扬的孩子比因为聪明被表扬的孩子在考试中表现得更好,更愿意承担困难的任务。
【句式分析】本句含有一个than引导的比较状语从句。
【词语点拨】take on 承担;呈现
He is always ready to take on heavy responsibilities.
他一向乐于挑重担。
The chameleon can take on the colour of its background.