熟悉的词汇 陌生的意义

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

1.A bank of cloud is building in the west. 西边的天空正聚积起一大团乌云。

2.The line begins to stir. 队伍开始骚动起来。

3.You’ve gone too far.你这么做太过分了。

4.Outside there is a breeze. The whisper of rain. 外面刮起了一阵微风,响起了雨的低吟。

5.They were a quiet and fond couple. 他们夫妇一向和和睦睦,相亲相爱。

6.It was bronchitis that finished her, helped by a week of November fog and Cressley’s industrial dirt and smoke. 谁知老伴得了支气管炎,再加上那一周十一月的雾气浓重,克列瑟莱城的工业烟尘弥漫,不到十天,她就去世了。

7.His wife’s death nearly finished Thompson too. 老伴一死,汤普森差点儿随她而去。

8.I said with some heat: “Look here, Nabin, …”我有点激动地说: “你听着,纳宾,……”

9.I spent three solid minutes in explaining to him exactly where the post-office was. (连续的;完全的)

我足足花了三分钟给他讲解邮局在哪儿。

10.At the end of that time I felt as lost as Simpson. 到后来我也被弄得跟辛普森一样晕头转向了。

11.The bank seemed to swim before my eyes.银行似乎在我眼前旋转起来。

12.This is not bad either, but a bit too heavy.这种(布丁)也不坏,只是稍微腻了点。

13.In surprise, the girl took down the pudding from its stand and started to make a parcel of it.

女店员吃惊地把布丁从架子上取下来,开始包扎。

14.The air was rich with spring.空气里充满了春天的气息。

15.The girl pictured the suffering of the poor in the story.这女孩在这个故事里描写了穷人的苦难生活。

16.As he spoke of this a light came into his eyes, and a faint smile appeared on his lips.

当他谈及此事时,他的眼睛亮了起来,一丝淡淡的笑意浮上了嘴角。

17.The thirty thousand dollars he had lost on Wednesday about cleaned him and his wife out.

他星期三输掉的三万块钱,差不多把他和他的妻子都搞空了。

18.He was very old , and his head was topped with a cloud of fine , snow-white hair.

他很老了,头顶上覆盖着一层又细又白的头发,像雪一样。

19.Not trusting his voice , he cupped her face between his hands and drew it to him.

他不信任自己的声音,伸手托住她的脸庞,把它拉向自己。

20.For once, Edouard was completely at a loss for words.

只有这一回是个例外,爱德华完全不知道说什么好。

21.They couldn’t touch him. He was a masterpiece.他们都比不上他,他是个了不起的人物。

22.Her kiss still burned on my lips.她的吻还在我的唇上发烫。

23.I mooned my way through grade and high school.我糊里糊涂读完了五年级和中学。

24.Fatigue was clouding her eyes.她双眼因疲劳而模糊不清。

25.Yes, keeps giving short weight and laughing about it, doesn’t she?

可不是嘛,她老是缺斤短两的,还为这哈哈大笑呢。

26.Sh e wouldn’t give it to me, no matter how much I asked.

她不肯把这笔钱给我,我磨破了嘴皮也没用。

27.I had let her give change for a year or two, but now people often came to me and said they were short changed. I got cross. 最近一两年,我一直叮咛她细心给顾客找零钱,但现在总有顾客向我诉苦,说少找

了他们的钱。我发火了。

28.She was too upset to see reason.她恼成那模样,真没法讲道理。

29.Annie came weeping to me one Sunday.一个星期天,安妮哭着来找我。

30.Then the war came, and I was called up.后来战争爆发了,我应征入伍。

31.My bank balance would grow well with both our monies.

我们俩人的钱合在一起,我的银行储蓄会迅速增加的。

32.We went to the pictures sometimes.有时我们一起去看看电影。

33.but I thought your car was weaving.但我刚才觉得你的车正在路上摇晃。

34.We could lose him any minute.他随时都可能死去。

35.She smiled broadly, and a wave of relief flooded over him.

她宽慰地笑了,伍迪脸上也掠过了如释重负的表情。

36.She fought off tears.她竭力控制着不让眼泪流出来。

37.Sherry’s eyes filled.谢丽的双眼湿润了。

38.She forced a smile.她强装笑脸。

39.My butterfly days are over, I fear.我想我是不会有游手好闲的日子过了。

40.I’m half dead for a pipe.我真想抽一斗烟。

41.The bound travelers rose to their feet, Easton with the same slow smile on his face.

两位铐在一起的旅客站起身来,伊斯顿脸上依旧挂着没精打采的微笑。

42.Dennis was tearing through the scenes of his boyhood.童年时代的情景在丹尼斯脑海中一幕幕闪过。

43.Twice, he had been arrested in hold-ups.他曾两次因拦路抢劫被捕。

44.He had sprung Dennis both times.那两次都是他把丹尼斯保释出狱的。

45.The little boy wolfed down his breakfast and then hurried to school.

小男孩狼吞虎咽地吃完早餐,匆匆忙忙上学去了。

46.They pigged together in the mean huts.他们像猪一样挤在那些简陋的小屋里。

47.He’s got me foxed.他让我上当了。

48.Malloy always talked hard, but he had a soft , womanish face.

马洛伊说话很严厉,但有一张温厚的女人似的脸。

49.Then he slapped his hands together and said that the story was worth an extra.

然后他双手一拍,说这件事值得发个号外。

50.Don’t put on airs with me!别对我摆架子。

51.It’s in the air that they may get divorced.据说他们可能会离婚。

52.All but five of the teachers were women.所有教师中只有五位是男性。

53.You should allow for his youth.你应当体谅他的年轻。

54.Would we have the same chemistry in person that we had on the phone?

我们会有电话上一样的感情变化过程吗?

55.Then, pulling myself together, I thanked him and stepped out into the late-morning sun.

然后,我振作起来,向他道了谢,出楼跨进那接近中午的阳光里。

56.Often it takes some sudden and sad turn of events to awaken us to the beauty of a special presence in our lives.常常是,事情来个突然的、伤心的转折,才唤醒我们去认识生命中某种特殊存在之美。

57. “Because you mattered, Adolf,” I said aloud to no one, “Because I was your friend.”

“因为你对我很重要,阿道夫,”我大声地自言自语。“因为你是我的朋友。”

58.Then he stood me on my feet and asked if I thought I had deserved it.

然后,他叫我站直,问我这是不是我应得的惩罚。

59.Every time he spoke it made me jump.每次他开口讲话都吓得我心惊肉跳。

相关文档
最新文档