reference-词义的选择与引申A

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

Translate the following sentences into Chinese:(Pay attention to the underlined words)

1.You can tell the very rich by their evening dress.

你可以从晚礼服上认出那些极为有钱的富人。

2.I would not do such a thing for all the riches of the world.

即使世上一切财富都归我,我也不愿干这种事情。

3.We are enclosing a blank form of our s/c, and hope that you will confirm your agreement to the general

terms and conditions in it。

现附寄我公司的空白销售确认书(销售合同),盼确认同意其中的条款。

4.The duration of the trade agreements are to be three years.

这些贸易协定的期限为三年。

5.He does thriving-business in repairing cars.

他的汽车修理业办得很红火。(这里的business 意为“一种……业务”)

他的汽修生意很兴旺。

6.They have five businesses to talk over with your agent.

他们有五件事同你方代理人商谈。

7.She runs a business from her home.

她在家里管理一家商业公司。(她在家里经营着一家商店。)(这里的business 意为“商号、商行”)8.The accident did a lot of damage to the car.

汽车在这次事故中受到严重损坏。(这次事故使汽车受到严重损坏。)

9.The court awarded $5,000 damages to the injured man.

法院判给伤者5000美元赔偿费。

10.We are engaged in the import and export of machinery.

我们经营机械进出口业务。

11.Our imports fall short of our exports.

我们的进口商品少于出口商品。

12.Clocks give us a measurement of time.

钟表为我们计时。(这里的mearurement 意为“测量”the act of measuring)

钟表为我们提供了一种计时的方法。

13.He makes the measurements everyday.

他每天的工作是量尺寸。(a length, height, etc. found by measuring)

14.We have done our best to hasten shipment.

为加速装运我们已尽了最大努力。

15.We make two shipments a week to Japan.

我们每周向日本发两次货。(shipments 意为“装运的货物”)

16.We insist that you should keep your word by establishing the relevant L/C on time.

我们坚持你应该信守诺言,按时开出信用证。

17.If you fiddle with my camera again you and I are going to have words.

如果你再摆弄我的照相机,咱们就非吵架不可。

18.He is ill; that accounts for his absence.

他生病了,这是他缺席的原因。(他因病缺席。)

他之所以缺席是因为生病了。

19.In this battle he accounted for five of the enemy.

他在这场战斗中消灭了五个敌人。

20.I want you to account for every cent you spent.

我要你把花费的每分钱都交代清楚。

相关文档
最新文档