英语双关句翻译对照

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

1.The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.

在这个世界上,我最不愿意做的事就是伤害你,但是这件事仍在我的考虑之列。

我真不想伤害你,但你也别逼我。吾虽不杀伯仁,伯仁由我而死。

2.Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

政客和纸尿布有一个共同点就是:他们都很有规律地被替换,而且因为同一个理由——脏了!

3.War does not determine who is right – only who is left.战争不能决出正义,但能判出哪方出局。

4.Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

知识就是说你知道西红柿是一种水果;智慧就好似不要把它放进水果沙拉里。

知识就是告诉你说应该把鸡蛋放进篮子,智慧则是叫你不要把所有鸡蛋都放进一个篮子。

5.If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.上帝瞅着咱们呢,大伙好歹喜感点吧!

6.I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

老子拼死拼活奋斗到食物链顶端,不是为了成为一个素食者。

7.A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

公车站呀公车停。火车站呀火车停。俺桌上有个工作站…

8.Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.剽悍的人生不需要解释!

9.A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.无愧于心哈?记性不好吧?

10.Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.如果女人能做到以秃顶和啤酒肚在大街上晃还觉得自己倍儿性感——此时估计男女能平等。

11.The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.小腿上的骨头——在黑房间里找准家具位置的好装备。

12.To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.窃钩者诛,窃国者为诸侯。

13.The sole purpose of a child’s middle name, is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.

小孩子要中间名,纯粹是为了让他知道他啥时候真的有麻烦了。

起个全名就为了揍孩子前可以底气十足地喊出来。

贾君鹏这名字就为了让他妈喊他回家吃饭!

14.It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.

跳楼的时候,“啊——”的时候还没死,“啪”那才是死了。

15.Hospitality: making your guests feel like they’re at home, even if you wish they were.

好客就是:让客人觉得他们像在他们家一样,尽管你真的希望他们滚回他们家。

16.You’re never too old to learn something stupid.越活越2活到老,2到老

17.Just remember…if the world didn’t suck, we’d all fall off.

记着吧……世界要不恶心,我们早被吐掉了。(提示:看出哪个词是一语双关了吗?)

18.If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you’ll have trouble putting on your pants.

直译:如果你始终脚踏实地,那就别想穿裤子了。意译:人太老实没法活。

19.Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

世界总是在变,但我却怎么也便不出来。

人生何处不杯具,唯有面对饮水机。

下面这些说法,其中每行第一部分是汉语说法,第三部分则是老外们的惯用表达。来看看,你平时说的英语地道不?

①欢迎你到…③welcome to ...①永远记住你③always remember you①祝你有个③I wish you a.①给你③here you are 很喜欢③like ... very much①黄头发③blond/blonde(西方人没有yellow hair的说法) ①修理③fix/repair

厕所③men's room/women's room/restroom①裤子③pants/slacks/jeans①应该③must/shall①火锅③hot pot

遗憾③that's too bad/it's a shame(it's a pity说法太老) ①入口③entrance①大厦③center/plaza

出口③exit(way out在口语中是crazy的意思)①勤奋③hardworking/studious/conscientious

马马虎虎③average/fair/all right/not too bad/OK(西方人很少使用so-so) ①农民③farmer①宣传③information

①好吃③good/nice/tasty/appetizing(delicious在中国被滥用)①尽我最大努力③try/strive(try的本意就是try my best) ①有名③well-known/renowned/legendary/popular(famous在中国被滥用)①滑稽③funny/witty/amusing/entertaining 欺骗③to trick/to play a joke on/to con/to deceive/to rip off①车门③the car's door①怎么拼?③how do you spell?

再见③bye/see you/see you later/later(bye-bye有些孩子气)①玩③go to/do(play在中国被滥用)

面条pasta(noodles孩子气)①据说I heard/I read/I was told①等等etc.etcetera①直到现在③recently/lately/thus far

相关文档
最新文档