绝望主妇第四季第十集

合集下载
  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。


看 Desperate Housewives 学英语第四季 10集: Welcome to Kanagawa



Previous on desperate housewives
《绝望主妇》前情提要...

-Voiceover: Katherine's aunt was determined to reveal the truth,
aunt: 阿姨 be determined to:决心 determined:坚决的,坚定的 reveal:显示,揭露 truth: 事实
Katherine的姨妈铁了心要说出真相。
And Victor......was the victim of tornado.
victim:受害者 tornado:龙卷风
而Victor...成了龙卷风的受害者。
That brought devastation...
devastation:破坏,掠劫
它摧毁了.....
-Lynette: Oh, my god!
老天!
-Voiceover: To Wisteria Lane.
lane:小路,小巷
柴藤郡的一切!
Once the tornado had passed, it began.
tornado:龙卷风
一旦龙卷风过去,这一切就开始了。
A man gave his coat to a stranger in need...
stranger: 陌生人 in need: 在危难中
一位男士把衣服给需要的陌生人披上...
A woman shared her food with those just passing by....
share:分享 pass by:走过,经过
一名女子与路人分享食物...
A teenager reunited a dog with its worried owner.
teenager:十几岁的青少年 reunite:再结合,使…团聚 owner:主人
一位少女让焦急的主人与爱狗团聚,
These are the things that happen in the wake of any great disaster.
in the wake of:随着…而来 disaster:灾难
所有这些事情,在任何一场大灾难后都会发生。
People start to perform small acts of kindness.
perform:执行,做 act:行为 kindness:好意
人们彼此关爱。
They do what they can to help,
尽全力互助扶持。
All the while knowing...
enough:足够的
尽管他们心里明白...
It won't be enough.
这远远不够。
-Lynette: Why is it taking so long?
怎么这么久?
They should be going faster.
他们应该更快些。
-Bree: The fire captain said they have to go slowly.
fire captain: 【消防领班】 captain:首领
消防队长说他们必须稳着点。
They don't want debris suddenly collapsing into the basement.
debris:碎片,残骸 collapse:倒塌,崩溃 basement:地下室
他们不想房屋残骸塌进地下室。
-Karen: Has anyone heard from Gaby?
有Gaby的消息吗?
-Susan: Uh, she went to the hospital with carols.
她陪Carlos去医院了。
He was pretty banged up, but they say he's going to be okay.
pretty:相当地 bang up:弄伤,毁坏 bang: 砰然而击,砰地重击
他伤得不轻,不过没事。
-Bree: Thank god.
thank god:谢天谢地
谢天谢地!
-Lynette: Why can't we hear them?
为什么听不到他们的声音?
If my kids are alive, they would be yelling.
kid: 孩子 alive:活着的 yell:大叫
要是孩子们还活着,他们会呼救。
Tom would be yelling.
Tom也会。
-Susan: Okay, Lynette, listen to me.
没事的,Lynette,听着。
They are all going to be fine.
他们会平安的。
I know it.
我知道。
-Lynette: Okay

. You really, really, really think so?
你真...你真这么想?
-Susan: Yes, yes, I do. I do.
对,对。
So I want you to go over to those paramedics,
go over: 走过去 paramedic:护理人员
所以你该去护理人员那儿。
And I want you to let them look at these cuts.
cut:切割,切口
让他们看看你的伤。
Because you don't want to be all bloody when they pull your kids out of there, do you?
bloody:血腥的,血的 kid:孩子
你也不想孩子们出来的时候看到你混身是血吧?
-Lynette: No. no, I guess not. Okay.
不,不想,我去。
-Edie: What are you doing?
看你做了什么?
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Edie: You don't know if her kids are going to be okay.
kid:孩子
你根本不知道她的孩子们会怎样。
-Susan: I'm just trying to comfort her.
comfort:安慰
我只想安慰她。
-Edie: By giving her false hope?
false:不真实的
让她心存奢望?
-Susan: What do you suggest we do?
suggest:建议
那你说我们该怎么办?
-Edie: Well, you should be saying, "Lynette, this could end badly.
end:结束 badly:严重地
你该说“Lynette,情况可能很糟”。
So you should start preparing yourself for that now."
prepare for:为…做准备 prepare:准备
"你得有心理准备"!
-Bree: Edie, if you say that to Lynette, so help me god,
Edie,要是你这么跟Lynette说。
I will wring your neck.
wring:拧,扭 neck: 脖子
我发誓拧断你的脖子。
-Susan: And I will help her.
我会帮她的。
-Edie: Tom and Ida and the kids are buried under that rubble.
kid: 孩子 bury:埋葬 rubble:粗石堆
Tom 、Ida还有孩子们都被埋在碎石下。
I mean, what is it with you people?
我说你们都怎么了!
Why aren't you willing to face the facts?
be willing to:愿意,乐意 face the facts: 面对现实 face:面对 fact:事实
干嘛不面对现实?
-Mccluskey: Because we're hoping for a miracle.
miracle:奇迹
因为我们都渴望出现奇迹。
-Edie: A miracle?
奇迹?
-Karen: Maybe, just maybe, if we stop flapping our gums,
flap one’s gums:起争执 flap: (用扁平物)拍,拍打,拍击 gum: 树胶
可能,只是可能,要是我们停止争吵。
And we start asking god to take care of our folks,
god: 上帝 folk:人们
一心为他们祈祷。
He might just help us out.
help out: 帮助解决难题,帮助摆脱困境
上帝也许会保佑他们!
-Edie: So you think a prayer circle is going to help Lynette?
prayer:祈祷 circle:圆周
你以为祷告团能帮Lynette?
-Karen: Once you get to my age, you'll find it a lot easier
等你活到我这岁数,你会就知道。
To believe that god really does answer prayers.
上帝有时确实会给予回应。
So if you can just hang on two more years...
hang on:坚持下去
所以如果你还能再多活两年…
-Edie: Don’t.
够了!
-Bree: You know, maybe a moment of silence
silence

:沉默
知道吗?大家都安静一会!
-Susan: Wouldn't be such a bad idea.
是个不错的主意!
-Saver: Hey, guys! We got someone!
guys: <复数> 各位,诸位;朋友们
伙计,找到一个!
Come on. uhh!
出来吧!
-Parker: Mom!
妈妈!
-Porter: Mom!
妈妈!
-Preston: Mom!
妈妈!
-Kayla: Mom!
妈妈!
-Lynette: Oh, my god!
谢天谢地。
Oh! Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢! 谢谢!
-Saver: Hold on. Hold off!
hold on:抓住,坚持住 hold off:挡住
抓紧,小心!
-Susan: Come on, Tom.
加油,Tom!
-Saver: Wait. Wait.
等等,小心。
Grab the arm. Grab the arm.
grab:抓取
抓住手臂!
Here he comes.
他出来了!
Straight ahead, sir. Go ahead.
straight ahead: 一直朝前 straight:直接 ahead:向前地 go ahead: 先行,先走一步
就在前面,先生,去吧。
Right over there.
就在那儿!
-Lynette: Thank you. Oh, my god.
上帝啊,谢谢!
-Saver: Got a light down there?
light:光,光亮
下面有光?
-Karen: Where's Ida?
Ida呢?
Tom! Where’s Ida?
Tom,Ida在哪儿?
-Voiceover: Yes, in the wake of a great tragedy,
in the wake of:随着…而来 tragedy:悲剧
是的,悲剧发生过后。
People do what they can to help...
人们总是竭力想要帮助别人...
All the while knowing...
尽管心里明白...
It won't be enough.
这远远不够。
The morning after the tornado,
tornado: 龙卷风
龙卷风过后的清晨。
The residents of Wisteria Lane began to sort through the devastation
resident:居民 sort through:整理,分类 sort: 把…分类,整理 devastation:破坏
柴藤郡的居民开始从灾后的废墟里。
And slowly started picking up the pieces of their lives.
pick up:捡起 piece:块,片
慢慢拾回他们的生活。
It's there by the north side!
在北边!
Bob Hunter found part of his fountain in the middle of the street.
fountain:喷泉
Bob Hunter在街道上找到喷泉的碎片。
Bree Hodge found her lawn mower next to her coffee table.
lawn mower:割草机 lawn:草坪 mower:割草机 coffee table<美语> 常指起居室内的)咖啡茶几 coffee: 咖啡
Bree Hodge发现她的除草机和咖啡桌在一块。
And Kayla Scavo discovered her music box in a tree...
discover:发现 music box: 音乐盒
Kayla Scavo在树干间看到她的音乐盒。
Among...other things.
在...别的东西。

-Doctor: She had your address in her pocket,
address:地址 pocket:口袋
她的口袋里有你的地址。
But there won’t other I.D
I.D: = identification身份证
不过没别的身份证明。
Did you know her?
你认识她?
-Adam: Sort of. Her name is Sylvia Greene.
sort of: 有几分,有那么点儿
算是,她叫Sylvia Greene.
-Doctor: Is she local?
local:当地的
是本地人吗?
-Adam: I knew her from Chicago.
Chicago: 芝加哥
我是在芝加哥认识她的。
She was...Visiting.
她过来...拜访我

们。
-Doctor: Okay, I guess that's all we need.
好吧,这就够了!
Would you like me to follow up with you after we contact the family?
follow up:【采取后续措施,进一步追踪】 contact:联系
我们和她家人联系上后还要不要通知你?
-Katherine: No.
不用了!
-Adam: So... I guess this means it's over.
mean: 意味着
那么...我想事情算结束了吧!
-Katherine: The fact that she is dead does not change the fact that you slept with her.
虽然她死了,但也改变不了你和她睡过的事实。
-Adam: I know it doesn't.
我知道。
I made a terrible mistake, and I am so sorry, Katherine.
terrible:可怕的
我错了,我很后悔。Katherine!
-Katherine: I'm sure you are.
我知道。
I want you out of my house tonight.
我要你今晚就搬出去。
-Adam: You don't mean that.
mean: 意味着
你不是说真的吧!
-Katherine: Yes, I do. It’s over.
我是认真的,我们完了。
As far as I'm concerned,
as far as: 就… be concerned:【就...而言】 concerned: 有关的
依我看。
You could be lying on that slab right there.
slab:平板
隔壁水泥地你睡正合适。

-Karen: Come on, Ida.
来,Ida。
You can watch us pack from up here.
pack:包装,捆扎
你可以在这儿看我们整理。
-Lynette: Wow. The things you accumulate in a lifetime, huh?
wow: 噢! 呀! 哇! 表示惊讶、痛苦等的感叹语 accumulate:积累 lifetime:一生
这些是你一生的收藏?
-Karen: Yeah, especially if you never throw anything out.
especially:特别 throw out: 抛出;丢掉,扔掉(无用物)
是啊,特别是你从来不扔东西的话。
-Lynette: So her niece and nepheware taking all this stuff back to Nebraska?
niece:侄子 nephew:侄女 stuff:东西 Nebraska: 美国内布拉斯加州
那么她侄子和侄女把她所有的东西都带回内布拉斯加州了?
-Karen: Well, the stuff that'll sell on eBay.
eBay:易趣(一知名网上购物网站)
是啊,那些东西被放在易趣上卖。
I'm guessing her rest will end up in a dumpster.
end up: 结束,结尾 dumpster:大垃圾桶
其它的就丢垃圾桶吧!
-Lynette: What's all this baseball stuff?
baseball:棒球 stuff:东西
这些都是打棒球用的?
Here's a mitt and a jersey.
mitt:手套 jersey:毛织运动衫
手套和运动衫。
Was this her husband's?
是她丈夫的吗?
-Karen: No, that was Ida’s from her pro baseball days.
pro:能手,职业选手
不是,那是Ida过去打棒球时用的。
-Lynette: Yeah, right. Oh, you're serious?
serious:认真的
没错!真是她的?
-Karen: Ida played in the all-American girls’ league during World War II.
league:联盟,社团 World War II: 第二次世界大战
Ida曾效力于美国国家女子棒球队,在二战期间。
You didn't know that?
你不知道?
-Lynette: No.
不知道!
-Karen: Oh, she was a superstar.
superstar:超

级明星
她可是个超级明星。
Arm like a cannon.
cannon:大炮
胳膊像大炮一样有力。
People said she could throw a pork chop past a hungry wolf.
pork:猪肉 chop:排骨 wolf:狼
据说她能把一块猪排丢给一只饿狼。
-Lynette: Ida? I have trouble seeing her as the leadoff hitter for anything other than osteoporosis.
leadoff hitter:一流投手 leadoff: <棒球> 每局的第一个击球手 hitter:打击手 osteoporosis:骨质疏松症
Ida? 我真没看出来她是主力击球手,我就知道她有骨质疏松症。
-Karen: She made the only unassisted triple play in league history...
unassisted:独力的 triple play: <棒球> 三杀 triple:三个的 league:联盟,社团
她是国家队唯一一个做到单人三杀的。
Right here in Granville field, 1944.
Granvill: 格兰维尔 field:球场
1944年,就在这里的格兰佛球场。
-Lynette: That's why she wants her ashes scattered there.
ash:灰烬【复数时作骨灰】 scatter:散开
怪不得她要把骨灰撒在那里。
How did I not know this?
我又怎么知道这个呢!
-Parker: Daddy said you were over here.
爸爸说你们在这儿。
Can I help?
要帮忙吗?
-Lynette: You realize we're cleaning, right?
realize:了解,领悟
我们在打扫。
We’re not eating candy.
candy:糖果
不是在吃糖。
-Karen: That's sweet, Parker,
sweet: 讨人喜欢的
很好,Parker!
But we've got everything under control here if you want to go play.
under control:处于控制之下
想玩可以,但我们得先把一切整理好了。
-Parker: No, I want to do something nice for Mrs. Greenberg.
不是,我想为Greenberg夫人做点什么。
She sort of saved my life.
sort of:有几分地 save one’s life: 【挽救…生命】 save:解救
她也算救了我们的命。
-Lynette: What do you mean?
mean: 意思是
你说什么?
-Parker: When the house started shaking, and daddy was passed out by his asthma...
shake:摇动,震动 pass out:昏倒,失去知觉 asthma:哮喘
房子晃动的时候,爸爸因为哮喘晕倒了。
Mrs. Greenberg made us all go under the stairs.
stair:楼梯
Greenberg夫人让我们都到楼梯下去。
-Lynette: But that's not where they found her.
但他们不是在那儿发现她的。
-Parker: There wasn't enough room for her.
没有那么大地方让她也进去。
She said she'd be okay in the corner.
corner:角落
她说她在角落那也很安全。
-Karen: Uh, Parker, you want to help?
Parker,你想帮忙对吗?
Ida has some ice cream in the freezer that needs eating before it goes bad.
ice cream: 冰淇淋 cream: 乳酪,奶油 freezer:冰箱
Ida冰箱里有一些冰淇淋,你们得在它坏掉前吃了。
Go on.
去吧!
-Lynette: I know what you're thinking, but don't.
我知道你在想什么,但是别那么想。
If you'd been there, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference.
a

bit of:一点儿的 difference:不同
就算你在也改变不了什么。

-Orson: Susan, we can't thank you enough.
Susan,太感谢你了!
Opening your home to us-- it's so generous.
generous:慷慨的
让我们搬过来,太大度了!
-Bree: It's a horrible feeling to literally not have a roof over your head,
horrible:可怕的 literally:<口语> 差不多;简直 roof:屋顶
住在没顶的房里太可怕了。
And that smoky fleabag hotel just wasn't safe for a newborn.
smoky:冒烟的 fleabag:廉价旅社 newborn:新生儿
婴儿在满是烟味的廉价旅馆也不安全。
-Susan: Please, this is what best friends do...
别客气,这是好朋友该做的...
Right before their friendship ends.
在友谊快要破裂前。
-Julie: Why did you agree to let her stay?
agree to do sth: 同意干某事
你怎么会同意他们留下来?
-Susan: How do you say no to someone in need?
in need: 在危难中
怎么能拒绝需要帮助的人呢?
That wasn't rhetorical.
rhetorical:修辞的
这很正常。
Seriously, you got anything?
seriously: 认真地;当真地
说真的,你不愿意?
-Julie: I know you feel guilty because she let us stay with her once,
guilty:内疚的
我知道你过意不去,因为她留我们住过。
But don't you remember how miserable were?
miserable:悲惨的
你难道忘了那次我们多惨了。
-Susan: Oh, yeah. Every cup needs a coaster.
coaster:杯垫
没有。每个杯子都要配杯垫。
Every coaster needs a doily.
doily:小型装饰桌巾
每块杯垫都要小饰巾。
Every doily needs daily laundering.
daily:每日的 launder:洗烫
每张小饰巾都得天天洗烫。
This woman is gonna drive me out of my frisking'—
gonna: <美俚> = going to frisk: 嬉戏;欢乐;欢欣鼓舞
这个女人可以帮我们整理…
Hey, roomies. You need help?
roomy:室友
室友,需要帮忙吗?
-Orson: No, we've got it under control.
under control:处于控制之下
不用,我们正在整理。
-Bree: Oh, and, uh, listen.
听着!
Bob and Lee introduced us to this wonderful contractor,
introduce:介绍 wonderful: <口语> 极好的,绝妙的 contractor:【承建商】
Bob和Lee给我们介绍了个不错的维修工。
So we won't be imposing for long.
impose:强迫,增加负担
所以我们也不会打扰很久。
-Susan: Imposing. Who’s imposing?
打扰,谁?
You can stay as long as you want.
你想住多久就住多久。
I'm sorry.
不好意思。
The words came out of my mouth before I knew what I was saying.
这些话自己从嘴里蹦出来。我不是故意的!
-Julie: Then stop talking, and don't be so nice.
别说话,别对他们太好!
Otherwise, she'll just take the place over.
otherwise:否则 take over:接管
否则她就把这当成她家了!
-Bree: Hey, Susan, Orson likes to sleep with the window open.
Susan,Orson喜欢睡觉时开着窗户。


Do you mind if we rearrange the furniture?
rearrange:重新布置 furniture:家具
你介意我们移一下家具吗?
-Julie: No.
不行!
-Susan: Sounds good to me!
没问题!

-Milton: Hello, Gabrielle.
你好,Gabrielle!
-Gabrielle: Milton. Hi. It's a nice turnout.
turnout:出席,到场人数
Milton,你好!很多人来啊!
-Milton: Victor was loved by a lot of people.
大家都喜欢Victor!
It's going to be a very emotional day.
emotional:感情的,情绪化的
今天会很伤感!
You seem remarkably composed.
remarkably:显著地,非常地 composed:镇静的
你看来很平静啊!
-Gabrielle: Oh, no, no. I'm a mess--
mess: 混乱的局面;一团糟
没有,没有,我很难过...
You know, on the inside, where the mascara can't run.
mascara:睫毛膏【Gabrielle的意思是自己内心悲伤,外表的悲伤被妆给掩饰了】
内心很悲伤,那里的妆不会化掉!
-Milton: Ah, I see.
我明白!
The reading of the will is today.
will:遗嘱
今天要宣读遗嘱!
-Gabrielle: Is it? I'd forgotten.
是吗?我都忘了!
-Milton: I thought you'd be curious as to how much you'll inherit.
curious:好奇的 inherit:继承
我想你很好奇你可以继承多少吧!
-Gabrielle: No. I'm not thinking about money today.
没有,我今天不想钱的事。
I'm burying my husband.
bury:埋葬
我在下葬我的丈夫。
-Milton: Of course.
当然!
It's just, I, uh... spoke to the executor of the will,
executor:遗嘱执行人
只是,我...和遗嘱执行者谈过!
And I have a ballpark figure of what you'll be getting.
ballpark:大致正确的 figure: 数字
我知道你要继承的大概数目。
-Gabrielle: Well, I guess there's nothing disrespectful about a ballpark figure.
disrespectful:无礼的 figure:数目
那也没什么让人羡慕的大概数目。
-Milton: You're not getting a dime.
dime:一角硬币
你一分钱也拿不到。
Victor showed me the photographs of you and your ex-husband.
photograph:照片 ex-husband:前夫
Victor给我看过你和你前夫的那些照片。
You broke his heart.
break one’s heart: 【使人难过(心碎)】
你们伤透了他的心。
You humiliated him.
humiliate:羞辱
你们羞辱了他。
So you'll inherit exactly what you deserve--nothing.
inherit:继承 exactly: 确切地 deserve:应得
所以你应得到的遗产就是没有遗产。
-Gabrielle: Okay, I made a mistake.
好吧,是我错了!
I'm sorry, but Victor wasn't entirely blameless.
entirely:完全地 entirely: 完全地 blameless:无过失的
我很抱歉,但Victor也不是没有问题。
He ignored me.
ignore:不顾,忽视
他忽略我。
He used me politically.
politically:政治上
在政治上利用了我。
Oh, yeah, and he tried to kill Carlos.
他还试图杀死Carlos。
So I think I'm entitled to whatever he had.
be entitled to: 有权,有资

格 entitled:有资格的
我有权得到他的一切。
-Milton: Ah, there's e thing.
还有件事。
You married a man from a very rich family--
你嫁了个家族富有的男人。
The operative word being "family."
operative:有效的
我要强调一下“家族”。
Everything's in my name... always was.
一切都是用的我的名字...永远都是!
The service is starting.
service: 仪式
葬礼要开始了。
I think it's time for you to go.
我想你该离开了!
-Gabrielle: Go?
离开?
You can't kick me out of my husband's funeral.
kick out:开除【赶走】 funeral:葬礼
你无权把我赶出我丈夫的葬礼!
-Milton: I think it's appropriate, given the circumstances.
appropriate:适当的 given: 【考虑到…的事实】 circumstance:环境,状况
我想这种情况下很合适!
-Gabrielle: Go to hell.
go to hel: 【去死吧】 l hell:地狱
去死吧!
-Milton: I'll be delivering the eulogy.
deliver:发表;讲出;陈述 eulogy:悼词
我要去宣读悼词。
If you're still in this pew when I reach the pulpit,
pew:教堂长凳,座位 pulpit:讲道台
如果我到台上时你还坐在这里。
I'm going to be telling all of these people that you are a cheating, lying whore.
cheating:欺骗性的 whore:妓女
我会告诉所有人你是个欺骗所有人的婊子!
See?
看到了吧!
I told you it was gonna be an emotional day.
gonna: <美俚> = going to emotional:感情的,情绪化的
我告诉过你这会是伤感的一天!

-Bree: Hello, boys.
男孩们,你们好!
Bob, Lee, I baked you some muffins to thank you for introducing me to Walter here.
bake:烘焙,烤 muffin:松饼 introduce: 介绍
Bob,Lee,我给你们烤了些松饼!谢谢你们给我介绍Walter!
And, Walter, I decided you're absolutely right.
absolutely:绝对地
Walter,我认为你说的完全正确!
Dark shingles are the way to go.
shingle:木瓦
暗斑已经好了!
Why are you all staring at me?
stare at:凝视,目不转睛地看 stare:凝视
你们干什么都盯着我?
-Walter: I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to fix your house.
gonna: <美俚> = going to fix:修理
对不起,但我不能帮你修房子!
-Bree: What?
什么?
-Walter: I've just had some bad news in my personal life.
personal:私人的
我的人生刚出现了一条坏消息!
-Bree: Oh, good heavens.
good heavens: 天哪 heaven:<用复数> 众天神,上帝和众天使
天哪。
I hope no one's died, which is the only possible excuse I'd accept.
excuse:理由 accept:接受
没人出事吧?这是我唯一能接受的理由了!
-Walter: No, it's not--it's not that.
没有,没人出事。
It’s just...
只是…
I don't want to get into it.
get into: 开始(做某事)
我干不下去了!
-Bree: Walter, I can't find a contractor now.
contractor:【承建商】
Walter,现在就你一个包工头啊


Everybody is booked for the next year.
book:预定
其他人都被预定了!
-Walter: I'm sorry.
抱歉!
-Bree: Walter. Walter.
Walter,Walter。
Walter, I'm begging you. Please.
beg:请求
Walter,求你了!
I'm living like a vagabond in a teenage girl's bedroom.
vagabond:流浪汉 teenage: 十几岁(13至19岁)的青少年的
我像流浪汉一样住在人家一女孩卧室里。
I'm sleeping under a poster of Orlando Bloom.
poster:海报 Orlando Bloom:【奥兰多·布鲁姆,英国著名电影演员,《加勒比海盗》的男主角】
头顶上还贴着Orlando Bloom的海报。
You can't leave me.
你不能撇下我不管。
-Walter: Yeah well, sometimes people do that.
有时候人就是这样。
They just leave.
就这么走掉了。
-Bree: This is a nightmare.
nightmare:噩梦
简直是场噩梦。
What is going on?
到底怎么回事?
-Lee: Walter went through a bad breakup,
go through: 经历(痛苦、困难等);遭受 breakup:(夫妇、朋友等的)分离,(婚约的)破裂
Walter失恋了。
And today he found out that his ex moved in with someone else.
ex: 过去的情人
今天他发现前情人跟别人同居了。
-Bree: Oh, for god sakes.
for God sake: 看在上帝的份上 sake: 理由,缘故
就这点事。
Tell him to put on his big boy pants
put on his big boy pants: 【这里是表现地像个男人】 pants:裤子
他可是个大男人。
And find another girl.
再找个女友啊!
-Bob: Who says it's a girl?
谁跟你说是女朋友了?
-Bree: Walter's gay?
gay:男同性恋
Walter是个同志?
-Bob: Yes. He can build home and decorate them.
decorate:装饰,装修
是的,他既会建房又搞装潢。
Sometimes god gives with both hands.
上帝有时候是很慷慨的。
-Bree: Well, then you just have to fix him up with someone
fix up: <口语> 为…作好安排;安排
那你们可以再给他找个啊!
Give him back his will to work.
让他重新振作!
-Lee: Yeah, about that-- uh, most of our friends are 9s,
这个嘛,我们大多数朋友都是9。
And Walter--we love him-- but kind of a 3.
Walter,我们是爱他,不过他才3!
【美国的同性恋圈中将年龄,外貌,地位等考虑在内的一个综合指数,从1到9】
-Bob: And in the gay world, 3 does not go into 9.
gay:男同性恋 go into:进入
在同志圈子里,3是配不上9的。
-Bree: Well, we'll just have to find him someone who's not good at gay math.
math: 数学
那我们就给他找个,算术没那么好的!

-Susan: Well, I drove all the way out there,
out there: 【那里】
我开了老远的车才到那儿!
And I waited for hours
等了好几个小时。
And then they wouldn't let me see him.
最后他们还不让我见他。
Uh, no.They just said that I should--I should call you.
不,他们对我说,我该打电话给你。
Listen, I know it's a 30-day rehab.
rehab:修复,

戒毒
听着,我知道这是30天的戒毒期。
I'm not trying to break him out.
break out: (使)脱逃,逃出(监狱),(使)逃走
我不是想把他弄出来。
I'm just trying to see him.
我只是想见见他。
You know what?
算了,知道了。
Could you just call me when you know?
就给我电话好吗?
Thank you.
谢谢!

-Julie: Welcome to heaven.
heaven:天堂
欢迎来到天国!
-Susan: Don't talk.
别说话。
I'm smelling.
smell: 闻,嗅
我正在闻。
What is that?
这是什么?
-Julie: Duck an l' orange.
duck:鸭子
橙汁烤鸭。
Bree says it's making a comeback.
make a comeback: 卷土重来;东山再起 comeback:复原
Bree说能让人精神百倍!
-Susan: And our oven is making its debut.
oven:烤炉 make one’s debut: 【首次登台亮相,指Susan的烤炉第一次被使用】 debut:初次登场
我们的炉子总算是有人用了!
-Julie: Oh, it gets better.
还有更棒的。
She did our laundry, too.
laundry:洗衣
她也洗了我们的衣服。
Smell my sock.
sock:短袜
闻闻我的袜子。
-Susan: Oh, my god! I want to eat that.
天哪,真想吃一口!
-Julie: She dusts. She irons.
dust:灰尘,拂去灰尘 iron:熨烫
她又打扫又熨衣服的。
Oh, and she does this magic trick.
magic:有魔力的 trick:戏法
她还会变魔术。
No matter where you throw your sweater, within seconds, it's on a hanger.
sweater:毛衣 hanger:挂钩
不管你把毛衣丢到哪儿,没几秒钟就洗好了!
-Susan: This has just replaced your birth as the best day of my life.
replace:取代
除你出生那天, 这就是我生命中最美好的一天了!
-Bree: Oh, hi, Susan. I hope you don't mind that I made dinner.
make dinner: 做晚餐
Susan,希望你不介意我做了晚餐!
-Susan: I hope you don't mind that I'm going to kiss you.
mind: 介意
希望你不介意我亲下你!
-Bree: Ooh. You’re funny.
你太逗了!
Now I need you to be honest about this recipe.
recipe:菜谱
这次你可要跟我说实话。
It's a dry run
dry run:排练,演习
你看看行不行?
For a small dinner party I'm hanging tomorrow night.
dinner party: 宴会 hang: 晒挂(肉类、野味等)使适于食用
明晚聚会的食谱也是这些。
Again, if you don't mind.
mind:介意
这样,你不介意吧?
-Susan: Not at all.
一点也不!
In--in fact, if you wanna do a dry run for Sunday brunch,
wanna: <美口语> = want to brunch:早午餐
如果你要准备星期天的早午餐。
I'm there for you.
我也会帮忙的!
-Bree: Dinner will be ready shortly.
shortly: 马上,立刻
晚饭马上好!
Oh, and, Julie, I fixed the hem on that blue skirt of yours.
hem:边缘 skirt:裙子
对了Julie,我把你的蓝裙子边缝了下。
It's on your bed.
放你床上了!
-Julie: My hem is fixed?
fix: 修理;修补
帮我缝衣服?
She’s like the mother I n

ever had.
她就像个真正的母亲。
Oh, oh, no offense.
no offense: 【请勿见怪】 offense:冒犯,攻击
我没恶意!
-Susan: Oh, none taken.
none taken: 【没关系,不在意】
没关系!

-Gabrielle: How you feeling?
感觉怎么样?
-Carlos: Uh, not so great.
不太好!
-Gabrielle: Well, they should give you something for the pain.
pain:疼痛
他们应该想办法减轻你的疼痛的!
-Carlos: They gave me this button that I can press,
button:按钮 press:按,压
他们给我这个按钮。
But I'm trying not to use it,
不过我尽量不去用。
Because the drugs make me feel a little to mellow.
drug: 药物 mellow:感觉自在轻松的
那些药物已经让我平稳很多了。
Was the funeral sad?
funeral: 葬礼
葬礼上是不是很伤心?
-Gabrielle: Tragic.
tragic:悲惨的
超悲惨!
I found out everything Victor had is in Milton's name,
find out: 找出;发现 in one’s name: 【以某人的名义】
Victor所有的东西都在Milton名下。
And he told his father about us, so I'm not getting a penny.
penny:便士
他告诉了他父亲一切,所以我得不到一个子儿。
-Carlos: Well, it's a good thing
好的一方面。
You hooked up with another rich guy.
hook up:搭上关系;(与…)联系 guy: <美俚> 人,男人,家伙
你还跟了另一个有钱人。
Gaby, you sound weird.
weird:奇怪的
Gaby,你有点古怪。
Why do you sound so weird?
出什么事了?
Gaby. Um, remember that day, When Al was going to drop off the account information?
drop off: 把…交给某处 account:账户 information:信息
Gaby,你还记得Al给我帐户资料的那一天吗?
Oh, my god. He didn't?
我的天,他没给你?
-Gabrielle: No, no, no. He did.
不,不,他给了!
It's just... remember how windy it was that day?
windy:有风的
只是…还记得那天风很大吧!
-Carlos: No, no, no. That was the only copy.
copy:副本,复件
不,不,文件只有那一份。
-Gabrielle: I know, But Edie was trying to steal the papers from me,
steal …from: 【从…偷…】 steal:偷,抢 papers: 文件,证书
我知道,可是Edie当时跟我抢那资料。
And we got into this fight,
我们就打起来了。
And then the tornado just took them away.
tornado: 龙卷风 take away: 带走;拿走;夺走
后来就被龙卷风刮走了!
-Carlos: They're gone?
刮走了?
-Gabrielle: Kind of.
kind of: <口语> 差不多,相当
差不多!
-Carlos: What is that sound?
什么声音?
-Gabrielle: I'm texting someone.
text:发信息
我在发短信!
-Carlos: Gaby, that account was our future.
account:账户
Gaby,我们的将来就靠那资料了!
What are we gonna do now?
gonna: <美俚> = going to
以后怎么办?
-Gabrielle: Shh. Carlos, just calm down, okay?
calm down:平静下来
Carlos,冷静点!
I'm sure Al has an access code or a copy
acc

ess code: 【存取密码】 access:进入,使用权 code: 密码 copy:副本,复件
我保证Al还有密码或者是备份。
Or some super nerd way to get back into the account, okay?
super: 超级的 nerd:<俚语> 讨厌鬼,呆子
总之肯定会有办法的!
I know we can fix this.
fix:解决
肯定可以搞定的。
-Carlos: Yeah. Yeah, he could fix it.
是的。没错,他能搞定。
-Gabrielle: Okay. All right, you look very tired,
是啊,你看起来困得不行了。
So I'm just gonna go.
gonna: <美俚> = going to
我就先走了啊!
-Carlos: But I'm warning you,
warn:警告
我可要提醒你了。
Gaby, if we don't find those papers,
papers: 文件,证书
Gaby,要找不回文件。
So help me, I'm... ahh.
那么我们...

-Gabrielle: Hi. um, I'm a friend of Al's,
我是Al的朋友。
And I was wondering if I could see him.
wonder: 想知道
我能不能见见他?
-Woman: Of course. Please come in.
当然,请进!
-Gabrielle: Thanks.
谢谢!
-Woman: Right this way.
走这边!
-Gabrielle: Okay.
好!
-Al’s wife: Oh, Al.
Al!

-Carter: Thanks again for your help.
多谢你们的帮助!
-Lynette: Well, we'd do anything for your aunt.
为了你姑姑我们可以做任何事。
I hope you know what an amazing woman she was.
amazing:令人惊异的
她是一个非常好的人。
-Carter’s wife: Uh-huh. Hey, did you guys happen to find a pearl necklace?
guys: <复数> 各位,诸位;朋友们 pearl necklac: 珍珠项链 pearl:珍珠 necklace:项链
你们有没有看到一条珍珠项链?
It's the only valuable thing that Ida owned.
valuable:贵重的 own:拥有
那是我姑姑Ida唯一值钱的东西!
-Karen: Well, actually, I have it.
actually: 事实上
事实上,在我那。
Yeah, she promised it to me if she kicked the bucket first.
promise:承诺 kick the bucket:去世 bucket: 水桶
她答应如果她先死,就把项链给我。
-Carter’s wife: Oh, really?
真的吗?
In--in writing?
有证据吗?
-Karen: I'll be right back.
我这就去拿!
-Carter: All right, let's hit the road.
hit the road:<俚语> 离开,上路
好了,我们可以走了!
-Lynette: What about the rest of these boxes?
剩下的这些箱子怎么办?
-Carter’s wife: Oh, that's junk.
junk: 垃圾
那些都没用。
You can just give them away.
give away: 送掉;赠送
你就扔了吧。
Hey, listen.
问一下。
Is there a good place we can grab a bite on the way out?
grab a bite:简单吃点东西 grab: 匆忙地做;赶 bite: 少量食物,一口食物
这附近有可以吃饭的地方吗?
-Lynette: Um, well, there's a great diner right near Granville field.
Granville: 格兰维尔 field: 球场
在Granville球场附近有家不错的餐厅!
-Carter’s wife: Oh. Isn’t that-- isn't that out of the way?
out of the way: 离大路很远的;远离人烟的
但那不是不太顺路?

-Lynette: Yeah, but aren't you stopping there anyway to spread your aunt's ashes?
anyway: 不管怎样 spread:撒 ashes: 灰烬,灰末,复数表述骨灰
是的,但是你们不是要去那撒你们姑姑的骨灰吗?
-Carter: We're kind of pressed for time.
kind of: 有点,有几分 pressed for time:【时间不足】
我们有点赶时间。
-Carter’s wife: Yeah, we thought we'd just put her in the family plot back in Omaha.
family plot: 【自家的祖坟】 plot:地点 Omaha: 奥马哈(美国内布拉斯加州东部城市)
所以我们打算把她放在奥马哈的家族供桌上。
-Lynette: You can't do that.
你不能那么做。
Ida wanted her ashes scattered at the field.
field: 球场 spread:撒 ashes: 灰烬,灰末,复数表述骨灰
Ida想要把她的骨灰撒在运动场上。
-Carter’s wife: Yeah, I know, but that's kind of crazy, don't you think?
crazy: 疯狂的
是的,我知道,但你不觉得那有点太不正常吗?
-Lynette: It doesn't matter.
那不重要。
She was an amazing woman.
amazing: 令人惊异的
她是个非常好的人。
You should respect her wishes.
respect:尊重 wish:愿望
你应该尊重她的遗愿。
-Carter: We should get going.
我们该走了!
-Lynette: Yeah. Hey, I-if you don't have time to do it, I will.
如果你们没时间,我可以替你做。
-Carter’s wife: Uh, you know, you're not family,
但你不是我们家的人。
So I think that would be inappropriate.
inappropriate:不合适的
所以我觉得有点不太合适。
-Lynette: Look, you're taking her pearls.
pearl: 珍珠
你得到了她的珍珠项链。
The least you can do is honor her wishes.
honor:尊敬
你至少应该尊重她的遗愿。
-Carter’s wife: Okay, at the risk of being bitchy,
at the risk of:冒着…的危险 bitchy:恶毒的
好吧,即使被认为恶毒。
This is none of your business
none of your business: 与你无关 business: (询问、行动的)权利;本分
我也要说,这不关你的事。
So could you please just drop it?
drop it: <口语> 撇开不提,丢开不谈
你就别再说了好吗?
-Lynette: Fine. And for what it's worth,
worth: 值得
好吧,说实话。
You passed bitchy ten minutes ago.
bitchy:恶毒的
你十分钟前就已经很恶毒了!
-Carter’s wife: Carter, get the urn.
urn:骨灰缸
Carter,去拿骨灰盒。
I wanna get out of here.
wanna: <美口语> = want to
我想赶紧离开这。
-Lynette: Wait! You'll never find it I'll get it for you.
等等!你们找不到的,我去拿!
-Karen: Oh. By the way, I'm staying at Ida’s house for a while
for a while: 暂时,一会儿
对了,我会在Ida的房子里住一段时间。
Since, you know, my house is a pile of rubble.
a pile of:一堆 rubble:粗石,碎石
因为我的房子里都是乱石堆。
-Carter’s wife: Oh, that's so sad.
太不幸了。
You’ve got a week.
但你只

能住一周。
-Lynette: Here you go.
给。
-Carter: Thanks.
谢谢!
-Carter’s wife: Just put it in the cup hold.
hold:底座
放在杯座里就行了!

-Gabrielle: Excuse me.
打扰了。
Are you Al's wife?
你是Al的妻子吗?
I'm Gabrielle Lang.
我是Gabrielle Lang。
-Al’s wife: You're the mayor's wife.
mayor:市长
你是市长夫人。
Of course I recognize you.
recognize:认出
我认出你来了!
-Gabrielle: So I was shocked to hear about Al.
shocked:震惊的
听到Al的事我很震惊!
I can't remember the last time I was so devastated.
devastated:心力交瘁的,震惊的
我很久没这么伤心过了!
-Al’s wife: Didn't you just bury your husband yesterday?
你丈夫不是昨天才下葬吗?
-Gabrielle: That sucked, too.
suck:糟糕,太烂了
那确实也很糟糕。
So what happened to Al?
Al发生什么事了?
-Al’s wife: He was driving home,
他在开车回来的路上。
Trying to beat the storm, and he ran into a downed power line...
beat: 辟出(路) storm:暴风雨 run into: 撞在…上 downed: 击落的 power line:电力线
为了躲避风暴,他撞上了掉下来的电线杆…
And his car burst into flames.
burst into flames: (突然猛烈地)燃烧起来 burst:爆裂 flame:火焰
他的整辆车都烧着了。
-Gabrielle: Oh, sweetie, don't.
sweetie: <口语> 亲爱的人
亲爱的,别这样!
I want you to remember Al like I do--
我想让你和我一样回忆Al的样子...
At his desk, with a big smile on his face, surrounded by all his files.
surround:包围 file:文件
他微笑着坐在办公桌前,周围都是他的文件。
By the way, where are those files?
对了,他的文件在哪儿呢?
-Al’s wife: I cleared out his office.
clear out: 【把…清出】
我把他的办公室清空了!
-Gabrielle: Oh, I bet that was hard.
bet:打赌
那肯定很难吧!
So where'd you put them?
你把它们放哪儿了?
-Al’s wife: In the garage.
garage:车库
在车库里。
-Gabrielle: Which is...
车库在...
-Al’s wife: In the back.
在后面。
-Gabrielle: Well, look at me, monopolizing the widow.
monopolize:独占 widow:寡妇
看看,我把悲伤的妻子给独占了。
You go mingle.
mingle:混合,交际
你去招呼客人。
I'm going to get you a cracker.
gonna: <美俚> = going to cracker:饼干
我去给你拿点饼干。
Oh, crap.
crap: 废物
糟了!
Why, god?!
老天,为什么啊?
Why do people have to die?!
为什么有人得死啊?
Why, god?! Why? Why?
老天啊,为什么,为什么啊?
Why? Why? Why?
为什么啊?为什么啊?为什么啊?

-Bree: Thank you so much for let us take over your dining room
take over: 接任;接办 dining room: 餐厅,餐室,饭厅 dining:就餐
谢谢你让我们用你家的餐。
-Susan: Oh please thank you for making us dinner
谢谢你给我们做晚餐。
Oh, you will

be sending up dessert later?
dessert:饭后甜点 later: 稍后
但你得把甜点送到楼上来。
-Bree: Oh, sure. Just, uh, leave your trays in the hall when you're ready.
tray:托盘 hall:走廊
当然,等你吃完了把托盘放在走廊里就行了!
Puff pastry?
Puff pastry: 松饼;千层饼 puff:膨胀型 pastry:面粉糕饼
来点泡芙?
-Walter: Thank you.
谢谢!
-Orson: Oh, here is a nice 12-year-old Scotch to wash that down with.
Scotch:苏格兰的 wash down: (用汤水、啤酒等把食物等)送下;酒后饮用无醇饮料
这是12年份的上等苏格兰威士忌,来润润喉咙!
-Walter: Uh, look, it’s nice of you to invite me for dinner,
invite:邀请 dinner,: 晚餐
听着,你们邀请我来吃晚饭我很感激。
But if you're hoping to change my mind about doing your roof,
roof: 屋顶
但如果你们想让我改变主意,修你们家的房子。
I'm just-- I'm really not up to it.
be up to: 【胜任,能做(工作、任务等)】
我现在实在没那个心情!
-Orson: No. no, no, Walter,
Walter,不是,不是。
We--we just heard about your situation
situation:形势,局势
我们只是听说了你的处境。
And thought you could use a little company.
company:陪伴
觉得你需要点安慰。
That’s all.
仅此而已。
-Bree: Yes,and a nice home-cooked meal.
home-cooked meal: 【家常便饭】
是的,还有温馨的家庭晚餐。
Trust me;
trust:信任
相信我。
There are absolutely no tricks up our sleeve.
absolutely:完全地 trick:诡计 sleeve:袖子
我们一点别的企图都没有。
-Walter: Uh, I noticed there are four place settings.
notice:注意到 setting:一套餐具
我注意到有四个座位。
Is somebody joining us?
join:参与,加入
还有人要来吗?
-Andrew: All right, I'm here.
好了,我来了。
What was so important?
有什么重要的事?

-Dylan: What's going on?
怎么了?
-Adam: I'm moving out.
move out: 搬走,迁出
我要搬出去。
It’s been a little weird staying in the guest room of my own house.
weird: 怪异的 guest room: 客房
住在自己家的客房里感觉太奇怪了!
-Dylan: But I thought you and mom were trying to work stuff out.
work out:解决 stuff: 事情
但我以为你和妈妈正在解决矛盾。
-Adam: We are.
我们是在努力。
It's just... your mom thought it might be easier if we gave ourselves a little distance.
distance:距离
只是你妈妈觉得我们还是先保持点距离的好。
-Dylan: Well, then why doesn't she move out?
move out: 搬走,迁出
那她为什么不搬出去?
-Adam: Dylan.
Dylan!
-Dylan: I'm serious.
serious: 认真的
我说真的。
You can't leave me here alone with her.
leave alone: 撇下…一个人 alone:单独地
你不能把我一个人留在这和她一起。
I'll go crazy.
crazy: 疯狂的
我会疯的!
-Adam: Hey, come on we're going

to see each other all the time.
别这样,我们还会经常见面的!
-Dylan: Why does she always have to win?
为什么每次都是她赢?

-Walter: Yeah, I'm thinking of starting my trip in Paris.
trip: 旅行 Paris: 巴黎
我打算去巴黎旅行。
Todd and I talked about going there,
Todd和我以前就打算要去。
But now I'm thinking of doing it myself.
但现在...我决定独自去。
-Bree: Walter recently split with his life partner Todd.
recently:最近 split:分裂,分开 life partner: (一夫一妻制的)终身伴侣 partner: 配偶(指夫或妻)
Walter最近和他的生活伴侣分手了!
They were gay.
gay: 男同性恋
他们是同性恋!
-Orson: Small world, huh?
世界真小啊!
-Walter: How is it small, exactly?
exactly:确切地
怎么小了?
-Bree: Andrew is also an out-and-proud homosexual.
out-and-proud: 【公开的】 homosexual:同性恋
Andrew也是个公开的同性恋者!
-Orson: He's here, he's queer,
queer:同性恋者他在这,他是同性恋者。
And we're used to it.
be used to:习惯
我们习惯了!
-Andrew: Since when?
什么时候开始?
-Bree: You know what else you two have in common?
in common:共同的
你知道你们俩还有什么共同点吗?
A love of boots.
boot:靴子
靴子迷。
Andrew has some beautiful boots.
Andrew有很多漂亮的靴子!
-Orson: Oh, I can only imagine the fun you two would have in the boot shop.
imagine:想象
不用想就知道你们俩一起去买靴子会多么有趣!
-Andrew: Um, mom, I'm gonna take these bowls to the kitchen.
gonna: <美俚> = going to bowl:碗 kitchen:厨房
妈妈,我把这些碗拿到厨房去。
-Bree: Oh, thanks, dear.
谢谢,亲爱的!
-Andrew: With you.
你也一起!
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
-Bree: I'm just trying to stay out of the way of all those sparks those are flying.
stay out of the way: 【退到旁边去】 spark:火花
我只是想躲那些蹦出来的火花远一些!
-Andrew: Sparks?
火花?
The Carter is twice my age.
他比我大整整一倍。
-Bree: Yes, but he's also—
是的,但是他也..
He's got a great sense of...
sense:感觉
他还很擅长...
Okay, do you know how hard it is to get a good contractor?
contractor:承包人
好吧,你还不知道找一个好的修理工有多难吧?
-Andrew: Oh, my god!
我的天!
-Bree: And poor Walter just had his heart broken,
heart broken: 心碎的,断肠的,被巨大悲痛压垮的
可怜的Walter刚刚被伤了心。
So if it takes you being nice to him to get our house fixed,
fix: 修理
所以,你得对他好点,让他把我们的房子修好。
-Andrew: Then... you're--you're pimping me out for a new roof?
pimp sb out:【拉皮条,牵红线】 pimp:拉皮条
那么...你为了修房顶就替我拉皮条?
-Bree: And windows.
还有窗户!
And I am not pimping you out. simply:仅仅
我可

没有给你拉皮条。
I'm simply asking you to show some kindness to a lonely Carter。
kindness:善意 lonely:孤单的
我只是想让你对那个受了伤的老男人好一点!
Who happens to be an excellent roofer.
excellent:极好的 roofer:盖屋顶的人
而他刚好是个优秀的屋顶修理工。
-Andrew: Look, if by kindness you mean sex
mean: 意思是 sex: 性
如果你的“好一点”是指做爱...
-Bree: Watch your mouth.
watch your mouth: 【说话注意点!(生气或警告!)】
闭上你的嘴!
I would never suggest that.
我可没那么暗示你。
You can raise a Carter's hopes without satisfying them.
raise:升起 satisfy:满足
你可以激发起一个男人的希望,并不用真去满足他们。
I've done it all my life.
我这一生都是这么做的。
Andrew, I have got to get back into my house
Andrew,我想回我的家。
And you're my only hope.
你就是我唯一的希望。
-Andrew: Fine.
好吧!
For you, I will flirt, I will flatter, and I will charm.
flirt:调情 flatter:奉承 charm:迷人
为了你,我去卖弄风骚,我会奉承,也会施展魅力。
-Bree: Bless you.
bless you: 祝福你 bless: 为…祝福;为…祈神赐福
你真好!
-Andrew: And in exchange, I expect a 60-inch flat screen TV.
in exchange: 作为(对…的)交换 exchange:交换 expect:期望 flat screen TV: 【纯平电视】 inch:英寸 flat:平坦的 screen:屏幕
作为交换,我想要一台60寸纯平电视机。
-Bree: Fine, and if you can get him to come in on time and under budget,
budget:预算
好吧,如果你能让他尽快修好房子。而且不超出预算。
I'll throw in surround sound.
throw in: 额外奉送,免费外加 surround sound:环绕声,【环绕音响】
我会给你弄一台环绕音响。

-Susan: No. That Walter guy needs to stay miserable,
guy: <美俚> 人,男人,家伙 miserable:痛苦的
不行,那个Walter必须保持伤心。
Because if he's not, he'll fix her roof,
fix: 修理 roof: 屋顶
因为如果他不伤心了,他就会修理她的房子。
And then she'll leave us.
然后她就离开我们了!
-Julie: Mom, we always knew is couldn't last forever,
last:持续 forever:永远
妈妈,我们都知道不可能永远都这样。
And she'll still be here another week or two.
就算那样,她在这最少也会待上一两周。
-Susan: That is not enough time.
那不够。
She just started stenciling the kitchen,
stencil: 用模版在…的表面印刷;用模版印刷
她已经开始装修厨房。
And I didn't want to tell you this,
我也不想跟你说这些。
But there is talk of an herb garden.
herb:香草,药草 garden: 花园
有人说她也要开始重建花园了。
I've got to stop her.
我得阻止她。
-Julie: How?
怎么阻止?
-Susan: I don't know,
我不知道。
But I've had a taste of ironed pillowcases,
have a ta

ste of: 【体验】 taste:体验(快乐、悲伤等) ironed:熨烫过的 pillowcase:枕套
但我已经享受过熨平的枕套。
And I am not going back.
我不想回到从前。

-Andrew: Oh, Walter, you got a little right there.
Walter,你这里有点...
-Walter: Ooh. Thank you.
谢谢!
-Andrew: Yeah.
不谢!

-Susan: Hey, everybody. I'm sorry to interrupt,
interrupt:打断,妨碍
大家好,对不起打扰一下。
But the smell of that apple pie just made my mouth water.
pie:馅饼 make one’s mouth water: 【垂涎欲滴】 water:水,流口水
苹果派的香味让我口水直流。
-Bree: Well, say no more.
那就什么都别说了。
One slice coming right up.
slice:薄的切片
过来给你切一块。
-Orson: Oh, Susan Delfino, this is Walter Bierlich.
Susan Delfino,这位是Walter Bierlich。
This is Susan's house.
这是Susan的家。
She’s kind enough to take us in.
take in: 留宿;收留
她很好心收留了我们。
-Walter: Hi. How are you?
你好!你好!
-Bree: All right. Here you go.
你的好了,给你!
-Susan: Thanks.
谢谢!
-Bree: Oh. You’re going to eat that... here?
你要在这吃?
-Susan: Oh, I'm just going to visit for a while.
for a while: 暂时,一会儿
我只是想稍微聊一会!
So, Andrew, we miss you around here,
miss: 想念
Andrew,我们都很想念你。
But I bet you love having your own place.
bet: 敢断定,敢说,断言
但我猜你还是喜欢一个人生活。
-Andrew: Uh, yeah. It’s--it's cool.
cool: <俚语> 极妙的,极好的,出色的
是的,那很棒。
Of--of course, it does get lonely.
lonely: 孤单的
当然,也让我觉得孤单。
It'd be nice to have someone stop by once in a while.
stop by:顺便拜访 in a while: 一会儿
如果有人能常来就太好了!
-Susan: Oh, well, you'll reel somebody in.
reel:卷入
当然,你该找个人。
You always do.
总会有人来找你的。
You should have seen his last boyfriend--Justin.
你该见见他前男友... Justin。
Ha! He was so hot.
hot:热情的,性感的
他真性感。
You really had a thing for the young, ripped muscle boys, huh?
have a thing for: 【跟…有癖好】 ripped:肌肉线条明显 muscle:肌肉
你和那些有肌肉的年轻男孩还真有缘分啊!
-Orson: He did at one time,
at one time: (过去或从前)有个时期,曾经(有一段时间),
他就那一次。
But Andrew's outgrown
outgrow: 成长(或发展)得不再需要
但是Andrew 跟他真的不适合。
He realized the folly of being so shallow.
folly:愚蠢,荒唐事 shallow:浅的,肤浅的,表面的
他觉察到做那种傻事真的很幼稚。
-Bree: Exactly, and now, um, his tastes have gone
exactly: 确切地 taste: 爱好,偏好,癖好;兴趣
就是这样的。现在呢,他的口味变了。
To the more mature, cultured types, like, uh, Walter here.
mature:成熟

的 cultured:有教养的 type:类型
他喜欢成熟的,有教养的类型,就像Walter一样。
-Susan: This is a fix-up?
fix-up:改进
这就是解决方案?
Well, I just--it never would have occurred to me, you know,
occur:发生
我永远都不会这样做,你知道的。
Because of the vast age difference.
vast:巨大的
年龄差距太大了。
But, hell. Why not?
hell: <俚语> 见鬼,该死,混蛋
但是,为什么不呢。
Life is short.
人生苦短。
Certainly shorter for Walter.
当然对Walter更少一些。
-Bree: Susan.
Susan!
-Susan: Oh, no, don't get me wrong.
get sb wrong: 【误解】
不,别误会。
I mean, I think it's great.
我觉得这事儿很棒。
You should grab love wherever you can find it.
grab:抓取 wherever:无论何处
你应该好好把握找到的爱,不管什么样的。
Who cares if your friends think that you’re paying for it?
care:关心 pay for:付款
你的朋友也不会关心你是不是付了钱的。
-Bree: Oh, so why don't you take this piece of pie upstairs to Julie?
upstairs:往楼上
你为什么不把这块派拿上楼给Julie呢?
-Walter: No, she's right.
不用了,她是对的。
That’s exactly what my friends would think.
exactly: 确切地
我朋友会那么瞎想的。
-Orson: Well, then you need new friends.
那么,你也许需要新朋友。
-Walter: Hey, listen. You know what?
听我说,你知道的。
You seem like a nice guy, and it would be great to parade you in front of my ex,
parade:游行【炫耀】 in front of:在…面前 ex: 过去的情人
你是个好男孩,用你在我的前男友面前夸耀还不错。
But, uh, then I'd be using you.
但是我不能利用你。
-Bree: Well, he doesn't mind.
他不介意!
-Andrew: No, parade me.
不,炫耀我吧。
-Orson: He's got a mesh tank top that would bring your ex to tears.
mesh:网孔 tank top:大圆领背心 tears:眼泪
他完全不同,会让你的前男友哭死的。
-Walter: Yeah, well, you know, as tempting as that sounds,
tempting:诱惑人的
是的,听起来很诱人!
You know, I'm just not ready to date, so...
date:约会
你知道,我还没有准备好约会,所以...
Thank you so much for the dinner.
非常感谢您的晚餐!
-Bree: Walter, wait!
Walter,等等!
-Susan: Well, I guess I'll just bring this pie up to Julie.
pie: 派
我猜我该把派带上去给朱莉!
-Bree: You. Sit.
你! 坐下!

-Karen: So is someone meeting us here or what?
有人要和我们在这里见面吗?
-Lynette: Well, here's the thing.
是这样的。
I called the general caretaker
general:级别最高的 caretaker:看门人
我给经理打电话。
To ask if we could scatter the ashes here,
scatter: 撒 ashes:灰,骨灰
问他我们是否可以把骨灰撒在这。
And he said absolutely not.
absolutely: 绝对地
他说绝对不可以。
-Karen: So how are w

e getting in?
那我们怎么进去?
Oh, Lynette.
Lynette!
-Lynette: Hey, you've abetted.
abet:煽动,教唆
是你煽动我的。
Might as well aid.
might as well: 还是...的好 aid:帮助
最好来帮我。

-Bree: Leave us.
让我们单独谈谈!
-Susan: Okay, I know that it sounds selfish,
selfish:自私的
好吧,我知道听起来很自私。
But I did what I did because I want you to stay.
但我做这些都是因为我想让你留下来。
-Bree: Why?
为什么?
I-I thought you'd want your house back.
我以为你想要回你的房子。
-Susan: Well, yeah, sure, someday,
的确,有一天会。
But right now I just love having you take care of me.
但是现在,我只想让你在这里照顾我。
All the cooking and the cleaning and the alphabetizing...
cook:煮,烹饪 alphabetize:依字母顺序排列
烹饪美食,清洁打扫,整理布置。
It's helping me feel like I'm not just about to fall apart.
fall apart:崩溃,瓦解
这让我觉得,我不会马上崩溃掉!
-Bree: Oh, sweetie, you're okay.
sweetie: <美口语>亲爱的
亲爱的,你很好的!
-Susan: No. I'm pregnant, and my husband's in rehab,
pregnant:怀孕的 rehab:修复,戒毒
不!我怀孕了,我丈夫在戒毒。
And the only reason I seem sane
sane:神智健全的
我看起来很好的唯一一个理由。
Is because you're here, making my house feel like a home.
就是你在这,让我的房子还像个家!
-Bree: This is a conversation that could benefit from some homemade chocolate chip cookies.
conversation:谈话 benefit from: 得益于,得利于 benefit:获益 homemade:自制的 chocolate: 巧克力 chip:薄片 cookie:饼干
这次谈话如果有一些自制巧克力薄饼参与会更好。
-Susan: Can I have milk, too?
我能再要点牛奶吗?
-Bree: I'll be right back.
我马上回来!

-Lynette: Do you maybe want to say something first?
你想先说点什么吗?
-Karen: Oh, uh, yeah, I guess so.
是,我想是的。
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
grave:坟墓 weep:哭泣
请不要站在我的坟前哭泣。
Um, "I’m--I’m not there. I do not sleep.
我不在那里,我没有睡去。
-Lynette: That was lovely.
lovely:可爱的,令人愉快的
真感人!
-Karen: Let's dump her.
dump:倾倒
我们撒骨灰吧。
And try not to stand downwind.
downwind:顺风的
记得别站在下风处。
-Lynette: She played third be, right?
她是三垒手是吗?
-Karen: Right. Right, right, right.
没错,没错。
-Lynette: Oh, my goodness.
my goodness: 【天哪】 goodness: <委婉语> 上帝
天哪!
-Karen: Wait. Uh, sorry. Shortstop.
shortstop:游击手
等等...抱歉,她是游击手。
-Lynette: Oh, yeah. Okay.
是嘛?好吧!
-Karen: No, it was third.
不,还是三垒手。
-Lynette: Damn it, Karen. I'm running out of Ida.
damn: 该死的,可恶的 run out of:

相关文档
最新文档